Home » Chief Operating Officer
- October 04, 2018
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) ensures the effective strategic planning, management and delivery of a range of operations and functions at The National Galleries of Scotland (NGS); these include finance; human resources; estates; security and ICT. Reporting to the Director General, the COO is also responsible for designing and implementing plans for investment to ensure the sustainability of NGS in the long-term from an economic, social and environmental perspective. The COO will play a significant role in the planning and supervision of major capital projects. This role combines the need for leadership in the efficient and effective management of day-to-day operations with the ability to drive change across the entire organisation so that NGS can adapt and thrive in a challenging context and realise its ambitions as a major cultural organisation. This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to a world-class cultural institution in an exciting period of change.
Suitable candidates will have proven experience and a track record of;
- The delivery of leadership and strategic management at Senior/Executive team level in an organisation with complex operations
- Inspirational leadership, with the ability to influence, negotiate and work collaboratively across a complex organisation and lead and motivate staff and peers to work together and join up their activities and efforts
- Developing high performing individuals and teams, outstanding people management and coaching skills, with an ability to adapt management style to suit circumstances and individual needs
- Being a strategic thinker with sound business planning skills, and a comprehensive understanding of finance, risk management, resource & people management
- Understanding of the business aspects of ICT
- Successfully driving and overseeing the delivery of significant change programmes
NGS cares for, develops, researches and displays the national collection of Scottish and international art and, with a lively and innovative programme of activities, exhibitions, education and publications, aims to engage, inform and inspire the broadest possible public. NGS is a non-departmental public body (NDPB) centrally funded by the Scottish Government. It is internationally renowned and attracts over 2.5 million visits per year.
For further details please download the candidate information brochure.
For further information and to apply please contact either Ailsa Sutherland or Scott Black on 0131 539 7087 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd September 2018.