Home » Chief Operating Officer – Canrig Drilling Technology
- October 28, 2015
Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet, and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Nabors is vertically integrated, and manufactures a premier line of drilling equipment through its subsidiary Canrig Drilling Technology. Focused on safety and efficiency, product lines include automated pipe handling and torqueing equipment, drawworks, casing running tools, variable frequency drives and an industry-leading AC top drive that provides the basis for deploying the latest drilling efficiency software. The company has deployed more than 1,000 top drives, almost half of which are on third-party rigs, and serial number one is still performing in the field.
This is a new appointment and follows a restructuring exercise which will optimise the overall capability of Nabors’ global operations. The COO will carry responsibility for the management and growth of the Canrig business within Nabors. The business consists of manufacturing, repair and aftermarket services with approximately 1,000 employees in multiple locations across the globe.
The role calls for a seasoned senior oilfield equipment manufacturing Executive with the proven ability to lead and drive the business forward, carrying full accountability for the P&L and balance sheet, responsibility for the continued profitable management of a business with a revenue of approximately $300 million, as well as development and execution of a focused growth strategy.
The COO of the Canrig business will report directly to the President & CEO of Nabors. Reporting to the appointee will be a dedicated team of Managers who carry responsibility for Supply Chain and Operations, Services and Rentals, HSE, Research and Development, Finance and Sales and Marketing.
• Assume full financial and operational responsibility for the Canrig business comprising a manufacturing and distributions facility in Texas, three international service centers and all associated contracts and operational personnel.
• Direct the day to day operational management of the business, applying as required a hands-on approach to producing solutions to strategic, operational, commercial and personnel related challenges which impact on customer service and performance.
• The development and motivation of a professional team of senior managers, maintaining at all times a flexible and proactive approach to accommodate the demands of this highly competitive industry sector.
• Providing positive leadership, direction and support to the management team. Motivating, coaching and mentoring employees providing the framework to achieve collective results in a team-orientated culture.
• Consistently ensuring that the organization maintains focus upon the provision of a quality service delivered on time without compromising on profitability and rate of return.
• Delivering compliance and best practice in the key areas of manufacturing planning/scheduling, quality management, health, safety and the environment
• Challenging at all times conventional attitudes, thinking, business processes and methodologies with the sole goal of optimizing the manufacturing performance of the organization.
• Leading the adoption of continuous performance improvement as part and parcel of the cultural ethos of the organization.
• Driving forward and enhancing existing Lean Manufacturing initiatives, designed to improve efficiency, quality and delivery performance.
• Communicating clearly throughout the organization all corporate, divisional and regional business goals, targets and objectives, ensuring each team member understands their contribution to achieving overall success.
• Driving forward change initiatives which enhance business performance from both a corporate and customer perspective.
• Developing and maintaining close liaisons with alliance partners to ensure alignment in the availability and delivery of goods and services essential to the core performance of the operation.
• Lead the pursuit and negotiation of new business opportunities, compiling commercially and technically attractive tenders to win new business or expanding upon existing contracts for both new equipment and long term services.
• Develop and maintain excellent client relationships building openness and trust. Act as a key focal point for communications with clients on issues requiring the influence and authority of the COO.
• Ensure market position in the core product and service lines is maintained, whilst exploiting opportunities for growth. Further develop and implement the strategic direction of the business, making well justified recommendations on expanding services, potential acquisitions and expanding market share in both the onshore and offshore markets.
• Actively promote the company’s HSE reputation and performance objectives throughout the organization and with customers and suppliers.
• Maintain good working relationships with the industry bodies that impact on business performance, operational efficiency and safe working practices. Constantly keep abreast of competitive threats and other changes in the operating environment that may have an impact on business performance.
• Of graduate calibre, with a proven track record of achievement at general management level carrying P&L responsibility, gained within the oilfield product sales and services sector.
• Ideally display a progressive track record of achievement within a large oil and gas equipment manufacturing environment where quality and optimum productivity are key measures.
• An outstanding strategic leader with enthusiasm, self-motivation and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• A strong and passionate leader who works well with and through others at senior management level. Display personal presence and an ability to quickly establish credibility within the organization from shop floor level through to the board room.
• Commercially astute with proven ability in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and performance measurement. Must be able to focus on the bigger picture in terms of overall corporate, regional and divisional objectives.
• Possessing significant international exposure and capable of demonstrating an appreciation of the commercial and cultural dynamics in different regions.
• Possessing a strong understanding of the upstream oil & gas market, including strong offshore experience and an excellence knowledge of the rental and aftermarket services sector.
• Well-connected within the upstream oil & gas market both onshore and offshore. Possessing strong working relationships across the industry.
• Excellent communicator, sensitive to change-management challenges associated with transforming a traditional culture into one that embraces positive change.
• A proven reputation for delivering compliance and best practice in the key areas of quality management, health, safety and the environment.
• An achiever with a track record for enhancing and sustaining profitability, recognising instinctively the challenges associated with the management of an operationally and commercially complex product and services business.
• Possess a thorough and practical knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques, and the initiative to introduce new practices and procedures where necessary to suit the changing needs of the business.
• Decisive with the maturity to accept a high degree of responsibility and the personal presence to command respect and authority both internally with colleagues and externally with clients and sub-contractors.
• An exceptional motivator with the aptitude for bringing out the best in people and developing positive teamwork across departments, disciplines and business environments. Dedicated to mentoring and developing team members for future succession within the company.
• Must be highly resilient with unquestionable business and personal integrity. Demonstrates a strong work ethic and a natural appetite for going ‘the extra mile’ as and when required.
• Must be capable of developing and maintaining strong external relationships with customers, suppliers and third party service providers.