Home » Chief Technology Officer
- February 02, 2022
Ooni design, make and sell AMAZING and affordable pizza ovens, plus a wide range of related Ooni branded products, enabling all of us to make great pizza at home. Founded in 2012, the company, based in Edinburgh and with sales offices in the US and Germany, has quickly grown into an international, multi award winning business, inspiring a really exciting pizza revolution with happy customers all over the world.
Ooni products are designed in Scotland and distributed to a wide range of consumers across the globe, through a strong network of partnerships with global retailers and distributors. The innovation, design and efficiency of the pizza ovens allows them to reach an extremely high heat in a short amount of time. This in turn enables restaurant quality pizzas to be cooked by the amateur pizza lover in just 60 seconds. This highly innovative concept, combined with the ethics and values of the company, has really captured the imagination of consumers and helped Ooni to become one of the fastest growing brands and an incredible success story in the global marketplace.
The above, combined with the ambition of the founders and investors, has created the opportunity to add to the existing strength of the Senior Leadership Team with the appointment of an outstanding Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join the business. The CTO is a newly created role and will play an integral role in strategy, technical and leadership initiatives across the business. Based in Edinburgh, with travel, and some flexibility for an element of home working as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and shaping a best-in-class technology strategy and high performing team that enables the business to deliver its next period of growth, and beyond.
- Positioning the technology function of the business as an enabler of change, ensuring the availability, reliability and continuity of all IT services, whilst ensuring strong controls and a robust infrastructure are in place.
- Developing and driving the culture of the function with particular focus on being highly visible within the business and delivering excellent customer service to the business, third party platforms and all external stakeholders.
- Ultimate oversight of all organisational technology systems, including but not limited to SAP, integration tools, website tech stack, mobile applications and data.
- The ability to take a strategic and sustainable approach to business systems, technologies, cybersecurity, GDPR and information risk management. The CTO will have an in-depth knowledge of IT best practice and a good understanding and passion for industry trends and developments, to mitigate against threat and future proof the business for growth.
- Support the CEO and other Directors in commercial decision making and the delivery of operational and strategic initiatives by providing technology and related subject matter expertise.
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified, broad and outstanding IT professional, with excellent technical acumen and a clear track record of contributing to growing a business. We are open minded on the type of background this person might come from, but exposure to innovative, technology driven and entrepreneurial environments with a physical product will be valuable. Internationalisation and significant scale up experience will also be of particular interest.
Candidates need not necessarily have operated at this level before, but should be able to demonstrate high potential, ambition and the ability to step up. Candidates should also live within a commutable distance of Edinburgh (Broxburn) or be willing to relocate for this role.
This is an extremely compelling opportunity to play a key role in the growth of a very exciting, innovative and ambitious business, based in Scotland.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.