Home » Commercial Director
- October 01, 2019
Major Onshore & Offshore Service Provider to Renewables sector
Based Glasgow with international travel
Our client is a highly successful, private equity backed service provider to the Renewables industry globally.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Commercial Director will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the business including P&L, pricing, customers, suppliers and management of the commercial team. Due to the nature of the long term relationships that the business seeks to achieve with its OEM customers, we are seeking candidates who can demonstrate their understanding and experience of working with these types of customers i.e. that most value is achieved from building long term partnership-style relationships. We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate their ability to focus on the bigger picture rather than the short term contractual “win”. They must understand that excellent customer service is paramount and find ways to achieve the company’s commercial ambitions whilst at the same time building mutual respect with customers and successful long term partnerships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop the commercial team
- Lead all commercial aspects of key delivery contracts with customers as well as other service provider contracts
- Work closely with fellow Directors to ensure that delivery and service contracts meet the needs of the business and its customers
- Ensure there is effective governance and commercial controls to execute and control the business
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal procedures affecting bids and proposals, operations and other commercial activities
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the CEO/board
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Understand the requirements and contracts of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met as well as ensuring the company exercises its contractual entitlements
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Develop commercial risk registers for all projects
- Work collaboratively with Business Development during tenders to appropriately price tenders and review T&C’s for legal, commercial and operational risk
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Director and Head of Projects to establish budgets and business plans, ensuring the appropriate balance between commercial efficiency and operational effectiveness is achieved
This is a senior role in a successful and fast-growing business, operating in a booming sector.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Adam Brown, of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential discussion, please call 0131 539 7087.