Home » Commercial Director
- June 20, 2022
Do you want to be part of something more than just a financial services business? Do you believe everyone, regardless of wealth, should have the opportunity to save and look after their loved ones? Do you want to be part of something that has been here for 160 years and help it be here for 160 more?
Scottish Friendly has a unique and seldom available opportunity for a special person to join the Executive team and lead the commercial function at a very exciting time. As the result of a retirement within the team the newly appointed CEO is looking to hire a replacement Commercial Director. This will be a critical hire for the team and through working closely with the CEO, the Board and the other executives will help shape the commercial vision, strategy and operations for those people who are saving with them now, as well as the ones they haven’t yet met, or those not born either! Scottish Friendly believe they can be the number 1 mutual in the UK through a combination of supporting their customers with great value and good products and making it a great (no gimmicks) place to work.
With assets under management of over £5bn and more than 700,000 members they have lots to look after and lots more to do. If you want to be part of this and you think this is you, we would love to hear from you.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Commercial Director will report into the Chief Executive Officer and by understanding Scottish Friendly’s marketplace, you will work with partnerships, marketing and product to drive forward strategic growth opportunities and strong market position.
The new Commercial Director will combine a strong mix of strategic and tactical commercial ability, with a hands-on delivery and leadership style, who works well as part of a team. They will need to demonstrate creative and innovative ways of thinking to continuously improve the commercial offering and service for future evolution.
- Managing the strategic plans across partners and re-insurers to maximise sales and profit
- Examine the legacy business to determine commercial opportunities
- Collaborate to design and develop product ideas
- Manage the commercial function which includes sales, product development and marketing, whilst coaching and leading the team to deliver sales and profitability in line with company values
- Operate as a member of the Executive Committee and regular attendance at the Board, proactively contributing to the company’s decision making
- Implement and maintain sales processes designed to achieve specific sales objectives
- Manage risk and maintain an effective operating model and service position for the Commercial function
- Comply with all regulatory, statutory, fiduciary and corporate governance standards as a Director of the business
It will be essential to fit within the inclusive Scottish Friendly values and there will be a strong desire for the successful candidate to be a highly personable, dynamic and collaborative leader.
We are therefore looking to speak with credible, commercial leaders from a variety of backgrounds across financial services, not limited to life and pensions. Should you require more information before applying, or would like to request the full candidate brochure please get in touch with Lindsay Cramond or Michael Dickson at email@example.com or contact them on 0131 539 7087 for a confidential discussion.
- Glasgow / Flexible