Home » Commercial Operations Director
- December 08, 2022
Grounded in Scotland, Ready for the World
The Edinburgh Academy is a modern, exciting, vibrant co-educational school for 2 to 18 year olds. Housed on two characterful sites near the centre of Scotland’s capital, the school provides the best in 21st century education. Their ethos, size and genuine individual care makes them sector leading in their ability to cater for the unique talents, needs and ambitions of all.
AccessEA was created by Edinburgh Academy to make their facilities and spaces accessible to everyone. The Edinburgh Academy has been a celebrated seat of learning since it was founded in 1824. The buildings and playing fields that make the School sites are well-known city landmarks but – importantly – they are also part of the local landscape and the community in Edinburgh.
Playing their part in the community is vitally important so AccessEA was both a new chapter in the life of the School and a way of opening up and sharing their two unique sites in the heart of Edinburgh’s New Town. Their Henderson Row and Arboretum Road sites offer a superb choice of traditional and contemporary venues for events and celebrations of all kinds, and they are proud to offer access to their state-of-the art sporting facilities and exciting learning opportunities with everyone who chooses to use them.
We are seeking a Commercial Operations Director to build on the initial foundations since the inception of Access EA in 2020. Access EA’s purpose is to develop the non-fee income as a vital part of the future of the school. Access EA has two main divisions: Events and Lettings and Sports.
The Commercial Operations Director will define and deliver the strategic vision for Access EA to maximise potential revenue from existing business lines and work to develop new revenue streams.
This unique opportunity comes without a long foregone path and therefor would suit an entrepreneurial, innovative and commercial leader who can see things from idea to delivery and ensure commercial results in all activities.
You will of course be supported by a team who will work to deliver the programmes across the divisions and you will possess the ability to work in a flexible and fluid fashion to deliver programmes all year round.
The Commercial Operations Director will report into the Bursar and work as part of the SMT across The Edinburgh Academy, working with various departments and stakeholders to deliver the Access EA strategy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a passionate and forward-thinking leader to join the business with the ability to win the hearts and minds of people, influencing and inspiring those around them.
Previous experience in a customer-centric environment with a track record in delivering new routes to income. The successful candidate will be commercially aware, enterprising and numerate.
They will also possess;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and work co-operatively within a team setting
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a high level of tact and diplomacy
- Excellent knowledge of marketing, and experience of developing and deploying strategic marketing plans and initiatives
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and budgeting, and a track record of delivering against targets
- Be customer focused, and have an eye for detail and ensuring that events are delivered to the highest possible standard.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify risks and issues
- The ability to use digital marketing channels to drive activity and revenue
- Experience of managing licensed venues and facilities, controlling alcohol and other stock (desirable)
To apply, please send your CV with full remuneration details to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.