Home » Compliance Manager
- November 19, 2021
Policy Services Ltd is proud of working together with St. James’s Place since being founded in 2002. They have been a longstanding provider of administration, fee reconciliation and advice services to Partners of St James’s Place Group (SJP) and their clients who hold non-SJP policies and plans. The team based out of Linlithgow support Partners and clients across the group and help drive administration efficiencies for over 2000 other financial advisors in the UK.
Policy Services Ltd (PS) is looking for a new compliance manager who will be responsible and accountable for ensuring the business maintains an effective operational control framework and continues to comply with its regulatory obligations through its ongoing business operations. Reporting into the Risk and Compliance Director, the role will be looking after and responsible for the day to day management of all governance, risk and compliance policies and procedures. The role will also have responsibility for the management of a small compliance team to ensure the compliance plan and project deadlines are met whilst also acting as the compliance subject matter expert supporting the firm and employees. Monitoring changes in FCA and other regulations, assessing their impact and opining on any business change requirements whilst reporting, running analysis and producing MI are also key in this role.
- Manage and motivate the team to assist in the delivery of compliance plans.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of the Compliance Plan
- Maintenance of Compliance Policy & Procedures
- Represent Compliance on BAU and Project activities
- Support the MLRO in delivering compliance with the firm’s Financial Crime policies and procedures, taking responsibility for day-to-day implementation of the firms AML / Financial Crime policies and procedures.
New business oversight:
- Assist with assessing on-going competency of CAS advisers.
- Performing to Business Assurance procedures
- Preparation of monthly reporting, analysis, and MI
- Support the Risk & Compliance Director with the day-to-day management of the Policy Services risk management framework, including the maintenance of the firm Risk Register and production of KRI reporting.
- Managing regulated complaints in line with the firm’s policy and procedures
- Preparation of monthly reporting, analysis, and MI.
- Lead a team to deliver on-going and focused monitoring activities.
- Produce written outputs of reviews suitable for review with business heads and for presentation at Board of Directors meetings
- Educated to graduate level in a relevant discipline
- A compliance qualification would be desirable
- Previous experience operating at a senior level in the retail advice sector, wealth management, IFA or similar
- Flexible and dynamic, able to prioritise and re-prioritise in order to meet conflicting deadlines and tasks
- Working knowledge and experience of the FCA handbook and the regulatory framework, particularly SYSC, COBS and DISP.
- Working knowledge and experience of Financial Crime regulatory framework, including JMLSG and FCA guidance.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Lindsey Cramond at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her on 0131 539 7087 for a confidential discussion.