Home » Construction Finance Director
- March 26, 2021
Robertson Group is one of the largest family-owned construction, infrastructure and support services businesses in the UK, and apply the same principles to every aspect of their business today that we did over fifty years ago when Bill Robertson set up his joinery firm in Elgin.
Over the years its sustainable growth has enabled them to invest in the business, the future of people and communities, and to deliver on major projects, housing schemes and facilities management for customers nationally.
Split into two Groups of businesses, ‘Construction & Infrastructure’ and ‘Residential’, its scale gives the overall business the ability to accept big challenges, and build deep, mutually beneficial partner relationships. At the same time, they think locally, working with stakeholders and the supply chain to deliver services and infrastructure that will stand the test of time. Ultimately, everything Robertson Group does is about making progress safely towards a sustainable future for people, communities and business.
We are now seeking to appoint a Finance Director to assume financial responsibility for the Construction Group of businesses totalling c. £450 million in revenues and comprising 11 distinct business divisions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Scotland’s iconic businesses, becoming part of its growth story and play a leading role in driving value across its largest Group of businesses, which serve a range of key markets and customers throughout the UK.
Reporting into the overall CFO, and with a dotted line into the Construction Group Managing Director, the Construction Finance Director will provide support to the CFO and the Construction Group Boards in providing strategic and financial direction and support to the operating regions across the business, managing a group finance team.
Key accountabilities within the role will include;
- The leadership and development of a fit for purpose financial operating model for the Construction Group
- The provision of management accounts and key financial analysis for all of the construction entities on a monthly basis including engagement and contribution in all Board meetings of the Construction Group
- Responsibility for ensuring the timely production of statutory accounts for all construction entities (co-ordination of year end audit, consolidation and corporate tax work)
- Ensure standardisation of robust internal financial processes/reporting across the companies in respect of cash management and working capital management, and all aspects of governance and compliance, including all aspects of taxation
- Drive the budget preparation and presentation process to support the Construction Managing Directors
- Ensure compliance with all Corporate tax payments and submission of all returns, including VAT and CIS
- Continually assess the robustness of the information technology systems and process across the construction group
- Maintain an active and productive link to the Commercial functions across the Construction Group to ensure compliance with procedures and impact on financial outcomes
The successful candidate will be an experience Finance leader with experience in a related construction, project engineering, or support services environment and will have ideally operated in a Group role.
They will possess strong communication skills, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders at varying levels within a large complex organisation have the ability to influence and inspire those around them.
The candidate will also possess strong systems development experience and a track record of developing and improving financial control and reporting environments.
A full candidate brochure is available to download here.
To discuss the role please contact Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown on 0131 539 7087 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.