Home » Digital Solution Centre Manager
- December 05, 2016
This is an opportunity to join the newly established Oil and Gas Technology Centre (OGTC) that will have a strategic impact on extending the competitive life of the UK Oil and Gas industry.
The OGTC is being created as a world class Oil & Gas Technology Centre that will become the ‘go to’ centre for adapting, developing & deploying technology to support offshore mature basin, subsea and decommissioning challenges in the Oil and Gas industry in the UK and internationally.
Working through Solution Centres, local Centres of Excellence and the development of a Technology Accelerator centre, the OGTC is committed to not only maximising the economic recovery of the North Sea, but also doubling Oil & Gas associated supply chain exports over the next ten years.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Digital Solution Centre Manager will be responsible for all operational aspects of the Digital Solution Centre and will be expected to add value commercially, strategically and operationally across other Solution Centres.
The Digital Solution Centre Manager will:
- Assist to identify then appraise the relevance, readiness and accessibility of existing technology in the market place (e.g. universities, service and supply network, oil and gas operators, independent institutions). Once selected, help engage and adapt the technology into the theme solutions.
- Assist to identify and appraise the applicability of technologies being deployed in other industrial sectors capable of technology transfer into the upstream oil and gas industry in support of the Digital technology theme solution.
- Identify specific technology gaps that remain and design & deliver programmes to resolve these gaps. Deliver either internally in OGTC or outsourced to other sources including emerging Centres of Excellence in Aberdeen University and Robert Gordon University.
We are looking for an experienced digital technology leader who will form part of a strong and balanced leadership team, supporting the CEO in the implementation of a clear strategy.
Candidates should have expertise that would allow them to champion the adoption of technology to enable:
- Adoption of information technologies and innovations that oil and gas organisations can use to track, assess and enhance operational excellence and control complex operations.
- Digital oil fields, remote operations, business simulation and advanced analytics.
- Digital technologies to enable oil and gas companies to increase recovery, reliability and safety.
- Acceleration of digital innovation in the oilfield.
Interested candidates should send their application to Stephen Sheal of FWB Park Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01224 317 344 for a confidential discussion.