Home » Director – Digital, Data and Information Technology
- March 22, 2023
Scottish Enterprise (SE) is Scotland’s national economic development agency and a non-departmental public body of the Scottish Government. To deliver a significant, lasting effect on the Scottish economy, SE works closely with partners in the public and private sectors to help businesses innovate and scale.
SE focuses on activities that help Scottish businesses to better adapt and respond to economic opportunities and challenges. The goal is to create a more productive, resilient and competitive economy for Scotland. To achieve this, the organisation works to drive business innovation, build international competitiveness and encourage greater investment in companies and infrastructure. These are the areas in which SE can deliver the most value and help unlock Scotland’s vast economic potential.
A recent strategic review and restructure within SE has created the opportunity to add to the existing strength of the Leadership Team with the appointment of a Director of Digital, Data and Information Technology (DDIT). The DDIT will provide leadership for the organisation in the use of digital, data and information technologies to support the evolution and transformation of the organisation, its services and performance.
This role will report directly to the Managing Director of Digital and Major Projects and work closely with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Highly visible leadership across the whole organisation and externally with partners and stakeholders, reflecting the ambition, purpose, corporate priorities and values of SE
- Lead the development and subsequent implementation of SE’s digital, data and technology strategies and roadmaps, ensuring they fully reflect the business priorities as an enabling suite of services that are frictionless, transparent, reliable and delivered at pace
- Advocate and drive the improvement of data and digital literacy across the organisation, enabling a more sophisticated customer to better able to articulate requirements, adapt, adopt and gain greater value and insight from digital services
- Oversight of SE’s managed services and technology estate including websites, mobile applications, licencing, testing, security and key corporate systems
- Optimise external partnerships and networks to drive transformation, alignment and operational excellence
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of best practice in digital service design and delivery and in creating value and insight from data within a complex organisation. We are open on background but it is thought that the individual will likely come with some experience of working in the public sector, with a good understanding of the principals of economic development and the business landscape in Scotland. Candidates should display high levels of organisational skills, communication and emotional intelligence.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with current remuneration details, directly to Graham Burns at email@example.com or call 07738 182813 for a confidential discussion.
- Scotland / Hybrid