Home » Director of Human Resources – Oilfield Services
- February 13, 2018
Our client is an oilfield service company focused on serving the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide. The company provides services, equipment and trained personnel to clients to assist in the development and production of oil & gas and has grown over the years both organically and through acquisitions.
The company offers pressure pumping, fracturing, acidizing and cementing services in some of North America’s largest resource plays and provides fit-for-purpose solutions for all pressure pumping needs across the major shale basins in the US.
We are searching for a strategic and business oriented Human Resources Director who will be responsible for leading the Human Resources function and supporting the organization from a human resources and employee engagement perspective.
This role will help to drive a ‘servant’ leadership culture through the development and implementation of strong HR policies and programs that 1) enable the growth of the company, 2) develop employees and teams with a customer service focus and 3) drive ownership and accountability by all personnel.
This role is based in Houston, TX and may require up to 50% travel within the USA.
The required candidate profile is:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. SHRM or SPHR a plus
- 10+ years of progressive experience in human resources within the oil & gas industry
- Previous management experience required; proven ability to effectively lead and develop a dynamic a team
- Proactive solutions builder with an entrepreneurial and servant leadership spirit
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines and respond quickly to management requests
- Proven ability to plan and execute HR strategies to enable a growing business
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication; ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- Experience in oil and gas services required; experience with a hydraulic fracturing business is a plus
- Flexibility, adaptability, and multi-tasking ability
- Team player; collaborative and open; must be a strong listener
- Possessing a high sense of discretion and professionalism; highest level of integrity and strong moral character
- Thorough knowledge of labor rules and regulations in the US required
- Strong level of Business Acumen – understands what makes a business successful, and the interconnections of functions across the organization
- Ability to influence business leaders with business and HR knowledge
- Highly self-aware, recognizes the impact of approach and behaviors on peers, direct reports, customers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to organize data and analysis into summarized recommendations
- A good judge of talent; experience growing businesses with effective recruitment a must
- Experience with developing and implementing competency and succession planning programs
- Experience leading and developing an in-house training team
- Experience with acquisitions and/or integration projects a plus
To apply or for further information please contact Mary McIntyre in our Houston office +1 713 997 9847 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houston; Texas