Home » Director of Customer Services
- September 21, 2019
Bield Housing & Care is a leading provider of housing, care and support for older people, operating throughout Scotland, delivering services to over 5,000 customers and employing over 1000 staff and volunteers.
A new Director of Customer Services is now sought to join during a significant period of change and assume responsibility for the development of the organisation’s service offering and capability.
As Bield continues on its 5-year (launched in 2018) business strategy to transform its operating model, the Director of Customer Services will also contribute to the overall business goals of modernisation through the improvement of digital services, cost reduction and people development. Leading a team of Area Heads of Service throughout Scotland, the Customer Service function will deliver a range of services efficiently whilst ensuring effective service governance, planning, delivery and quality assurance the organisation’s customer base.
Significant progress has been made to develop the building blocks for success, and with the recent appointment of a new Chief Executive and Senior Leadership Team, this is an exciting time for the business, with incredible opportunity for change and growth.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and driven leader with a passion for people, both in terms of customers and colleagues. They will have the ability to influence and improve those around them with a delivery-focused mindset.
They will have experience in developing digital systems and improving service through technology, as well as bring a track record in overall service improvement in a customer-centric organisation.
The candidate will possess most of the following;
- Demonstrable experience of leading, developing and managing relevant services
- Inspiring leadership skills and the ability to develop people
- Experience of working with external stakeholders including those in local and central government and regulatory bodies
- Evidence of implementing service improvement through technology and service diversification
- An understanding and recent experience of driving organisational and cultural change programmes
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- A current working understanding of modern approaches to service delivery
- It would be advantageous if the individual had membership or an affiliation with one or more of the sector regulatory bodies including Care (NMC, SSSC, ILM) or Housing (CIH, ILM) although consideration will also be given to candidates who come from other associated sectors including education, private sector property management.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown, on 0131 539 7087 or by emailing a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Glasgow or Edinburgh