Home » Director of Development
- February 01, 2023
The Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh is the leading producing theatre in Scotland and one of the United Kingdom’s most prolific theatre companies. The Lyceum has developed a reputation for innovative, artistically exciting, high-quality theatre, drawing upon the considerable talent in Scotland as well as developing award-winning work with national and international partners.
The opportunity has arisen to appoint a Director of Development who will be a part of the Senior Management Team and be responsible for planning and implementing The Lyceum Theatre’s fundraising strategy. This encompasses fundraising from public funding bodies, trusts and foundations, corporate sponsors, individual givers and special events.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A proven track record in fundraising at a senior level across public and private giving;
- Demonstrable experience of securing major grants, gifts and sponsorship;
- Experience of delivering against significant fundraising targets;
- Ability to develop a distinctive fundraising strategy and imaginative fundraising
- initiatives, bids and campaigns that capitalise on The Lyceum Theatre’s unique strengths as a leading National Civic Theatre;
- Ability to structure budgets for fundraising applications on the basis of ‘full cost recovery’ principles and ensure an appropriate return to the theatre; and
- A keen interest in the arts generally and enthusiasm for the work of The Lyceum Theatre with an excellent knowledge of potential fundraising opportunities.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Alix Meekison on email@example.com Or alternatively, you can contact our Edinburgh office by phone on +44 131 539 7087