Home » Director of Estates & Facilities
- October 17, 2020
The Royal Lyceum Theatre, in Edinburgh, is Scotland’s largest producing theatre. Under the leadership of Artistic Director, David Greig, and Executive Director, Mike Griffiths, the Lyceum has been working on creative strategies to respond strongly to the Covid-19 pandemic. The future artistic programme will include the delivery of the Lyceum own productions, incoming co-productions and tours, alongside a programme of visiting work and smaller-scale projects.
The Director of Estates & Facilities is a new role in the organisation. Designed to work closely with the joint Chief Executives to optimise the buildings and equipment needed to deliver a high level of activity across the estate. This is a senior management role within the organisation, being accountable for all building management, maintenance, facility development, legal, statutory and Health & Safety compliance.
The timing of this appointment is particularly significant, as the leases for the three buildings in the estate, all come up for renewal with City of Edinburgh Council in 2027. A key deliverable of this post therefore will be developing a new estate strategy to renew and upgrade current facilities.
The Director of Estates & Facilities will play a pivotal role in ensuring excellent communication and strong working relationships between the Lyceum’s landlords and funders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure safe and efficient operations of all buildings and equipment to deliver the Lyceum’s artistic and business objectives
- Identify strategic priorities and create a culture of sound financial management and efficient delivery of works
- Report to the Board, Audit Committee, stakeholders, senior managers and regulators on buildings and operational matters, providing technical expertise on all estates issues
- Act as Designated Premises Manager for the Royal Lyceum Theatre Company Ltd
- Ensure smooth day to day operations of the Estate to meet the needs of clients, performers and audiences, in line with company vision and values
We are looking to appoint an extremely organised and highly credible individual with a recognised Buildings Management qualification. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in managing and operating older buildings with excellent financial, administrative and planning skills. A proven knowledge in the technical aspects of estates and facilities management, current legislation and a good understanding of public finance procurement procedures and processes will be highly attractive skills to possess.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns, of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential discussion, please call 07738 182813