Home » Director of Finance
- August 04, 2022
The Institute of Directors (IoD) is the UK’s leading organisation for individual business and organisational leaders. A thriving membership community for company directors, entrepreneurs and senior business leaders in the UK and beyond, the IoD offers professional development, valuable connections, influence and many other benefits to its members and the wider business community.
Key activities of the IoD include providing leading edge representation, support and development for directors and leaders, helping them to achieve greater success for their organisation and their own careers. Its four main imperatives are to grow the membership reflecting the communities it represents, add value to members in all interactions, build on the strengths in governance, policy and professional development and to continue developing IoD finances to give the organisation a firm foundation for the future.
The Director of Finance is a new role in the organisation, designed to support, guide and act as a role model for the IoD in its financial functions, providing expert technical knowledge and working closely with a broad range of stakeholders both internally and externally. The Director of Finance will ensure that the IoD has a clear and concise view on all financial activities, both within the central functions and across the regions and nations. Acting as a link between the IoD and its outsourced finance partner, Equiom, the Director of Finance will be responsible for all financial aspects of the business and will be expected to add value commercially, strategically and operationally across all areas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide astute financial leadership to the organisation, advising the Management Team, Board, Board Committees and Council on all financial and accounting matters.
- Build, develop and lead a high-performance finance function, integrated with the chosen outsourced partner.
- Integrate the IoD’s international resellers, franchises and overseas branches into the finance systems and reporting of the Institute.
- Provide constructive challenge and support to the Director General and the Board, proactively identifying and taking responsibility for the implementation of improvement initiatives and additional revenue streams.
- Lead the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis to the Board in a timely manner (including monthly P&L, CF and BS), giving a clear overview of business performance and fuelling commercial decision making and strategic planning discussions.
- Guarantee the integrity of the IoD’s finance function and affairs, ensuring that the organisation maximises the full potential from opportunities and new commercial ventures.
We are looking for an experienced and highly credible Finance Director with initiative, who will form part of a strong and balanced leadership team to implement a very clear strategy. We are open on sector but a strong track record of growth and finance leadership experience in an SME environment will be of interest.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.
- Remote with Travel