Home » Director of Finance
- October 30, 2023
Be part of building Scotland’s future
Scottish Enterprise (SE) is Scotland’s national economic development agency and a non-departmental public body of the Scottish Government. To deliver a significant, lasting effect on the Scottish economy, SE works closely with partners in the public and private sectors to help businesses innovate and scale.
SE focuses on activities that help Scottish businesses to better adapt and respond to economic opportunities and challenges. The goal is to create a more productive, resilient and competitive economy for Scotland. To achieve this, the organisation works to drive business innovation, build international competitiveness and encourage greater investment in companies and infrastructure. These are the areas in which SE can deliver the most value and help unlock Scotland’s vast economic potential.
A recent strategic review and restructure within SE has created the opportunity to add to the existing strength of the Leadership Team with the appointment of a Director of Finance (FD). The FD will lead a range of work-streams that are of systemic importance to the organisation and will be responsible for ensuring that SE operates within well controlled financial processes, systems and procedures at all times.
This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with the Executive Leadership Team and members of the Audit and Risk Committee.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead on the annual Budget and Spending Reviews across business income and expenditure activities in the delivery of the SE Business Plan.
- Leadership and development of the Finance team, optimising service levels provided across the organisation, with people management responsibility for over 45 staff and direct line management responsibility for two Head of Service posts.
- Ownership of all statutory financial reporting requirements, developing robust financial systems and processes to support the organisation.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer with the evolution of the Financial Strategy that underpins the three-year business plan and medium to long term aspirations of SE.
- Extensive engagement and collaboration with colleagues across Scottish Government, external partners and other enterprise agencies.
The successful candidate will be a technically excellent and highly credible Finance leader with strong commercial acumen and high levels of emotional intelligence. We are open on background but it is thought that the individual will likely come with a strong understanding of Public Sector Finance within a complex organisation, the principals of economic development and the business landscape in Scotland. Candidates should display high levels of organisational skills and excellent communication.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with current remuneration details, directly to Graham Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07738 182813 for a confidential discussion.
- Scotland / Hybrid