Home » Director of Finance and Operations
- August 04, 2022
For over 70 years now, Pitlochry Festival Theatre has been Highland Perthshire’s artistic heart and soul. Established in 1951 as Scotland’s Theatre in the Hills, Pitlochry Festival Theatre offers a theatrical experience unique in the UK – a summer season performed in repertory, allowing audiences to enjoy six different productions in six days, all performed by a resident company of actors. Now attracting over 100,000 visitors each year, the theatre is far more than just a venue.
Pitlochry Festival Theatre is also transforming their physical space with the bold and ambitious VISION capital development project. This includes a 172 seat Studio theatre and a reconfigured Front of House, as well as the reinstatement of the stunning outdoor performance spaces. The hugely impressive Theatre Campus enables the Theatre to improve lives by sharing Pitlochry with the world and the world with Pitlochry.
The Director of Finance and Operations is a new role in the organisation, central to the successful day-to-day running of the business and long-term sustainability of Pitlochry Festival Theatre. This role supports the Board of Trustees, Senior Leadership Team colleagues and the Management team in mitigating financial risk, maintaining a strong control environment and driving commercial and strategic decision making. A key area of work will be supporting the Chief Executive with strategic and operational initiatives to enable the Theatre’s continued growth and development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership and development of team members, to identify and achieve defined annual objectives enabling delivery against the organisations’ annual corporate plan.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to understand business needs, deliver excellence in business planning and improve performance through financial analysis, strong cost control and working capital management.
- Identify business opportunities and risks, advising the Chief Executive of possible actions available to improve the performance of the business.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and other reporting requirements, including compliance with accounting standards, charity law and funder requirements.
- Leadership and oversight of HR, IT and Health & Safety and other duties and projects that ensure the general smooth and efficient operation of the buildings and organisation.
We are therefore looking to appoint a highly commercial, operational and strategic Finance leader, with a proven track record of success. We are very open on sector background. This role requires an authentic and inspiring leader, with outstanding communication skills and a broad blend of financial and operational experience in a complex purpose-led organisation.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns, of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential discussion, please call 07738 182813
- Pitlochry / Hybrid