Home » Director of Finance & Corporate Services
- October 03, 2022
Since 1839, the Scottish SPCA has fought to improve the lives of animals in Scotland, and for almost two centuries we have grown to become one of Scotland’s leading national charities. We are also the only animal charity in the UK recognised as a reporting agency to the Crown Office, enforcing the Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006.
Our work saves animals that are injured, neglected or abused and enforces the law to make sure people who cause suffering face justice. We also provide a range of veterinary services and training and consultancy.
We are currently looking to appoint a new Director of Finance & Corporate Services to our board, at a crucial time in the organisation. Following two challenging years of a global pandemic, we have recently launched our new 10-year strategy that is aimed at addressing the challenges we may face in the years ahead.
We are looking for our Director of Finance & Corporate Services to support the work of Scottish SPCA, as well as contribute to our strategy, mission, vision and values. The Director of Finance & Corporate Services will report to the CEO and will ensure robust commercial and financial leadership is in place, providing strategic financial advice and implementing corporate planning frameworks to the Society.
Specifically, the individual will:
- Provide overall leadership and line management to the Finance & Operations Directorate, driving quality, commercial excellence and performance across the organisation
- Assume overall accountability for financial strategy, working with the CEO and wider Leadership Team to develop and delivery the Society’s strategic vision, ensuring robust financial controls and governance are in place
- Oversee the development of a strong and strategic digital culture which supports the Society’s aims, promoting the use of new digital technology through IT partnerships
- Ensuring the effective delivery and development of high-quality facilities, supporting the Society’s real estate strategy
- Review all legal and contractual arrangements for the Society, engaging lawyers where appropriate and supporting the development and application of the organisational risk management framework
- Operational responsibility (along with People & Culture colleagues) for the management of company pension, insurance and car schemes, payroll process, procurement, accounting and tax requirements and all other associated financial control systems
- Accountable for the Society’s alignment to current Data Protection legislation
- Ensuring appropriate corporate governance is in place with the Chair and board through company secretarial support
We are eager to speak with experienced and commercially astute Finance leaders who have a passion for people and our purpose.
The successful candidate will have significant experience at Director level, with a track record of leading on strategic and corporate planning processes, and experience of managing and developing multi-functional teams. Whilst it would be advantageous to have some experience in the charity sector, we will consider candidates from a broad range of industries providing they meet other essential criteria.
To read more about our organisation, plan vision and values as well as the desired criteria, please download the candidate brochure by clicking here.
To apply, please send your CV with full remuneration details to Jamie Brown, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial confidential conversation please contact our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.
- Dunfermline (With Flexibility)