Home » Director of Finance
- June 15, 2016
Loganair is Scotland’s Airline and is the longest-established airline still trading under its original name in the UK. Headquartered at Glasgow Airport, the airline operates 28 aircraft on a network of over 40 routes, transporting over 500,000 passengers a year. Turnover is approaching £100m and the business employs over 550 people in locations ranging from the Shetland Islands to Norwich.
Loganair provides an essential service, flying to some of the most remote and stunning locations in the country. Many of the communities that Loganair serves are dependent on the lifeline links it provides for business, leisure and healthcare commitments; delivery of mail and newspapers; tourism income and connectivity to worldwide air networks through codeshare agreements such as Loganair’s long-standing arrangements with British Airways, for seamless customer connections.
The planned retirement of the current Director of Finance later this year has created a rare opportunity to join the team in a senior position. The airline has also recently appointed a new Managing Director, Jonathan Hinkles, who joins from Virgin Atlantic. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Director of Finance will be responsible for all financial aspects of the business and will be expected to add value commercially, strategically and operationally across all areas.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for:
- Generation, accuracy and timeliness of all financial information
- Driving efficiencies through cost control and strong cash management
- Improving profitability through effective treasury and hedging strategies
- Investment appraisal of additional revenue streams and opportunities
- Successful contract negotiation and project evaluation
- Regularly reviewing the companies risk profile and proposing mitigations where appropriate
- Helping to position Finance as a Business Partner to the three core divisions
- Providing leadership to both the Finance and Technology teams
- Participating in key decisions of the Senior Leadership Team across all aspects of the business
- Providing support and challenge to the Managing Director
We are looking for an experienced and credible Finance Director who will form part of a strong and balanced leadership team to implement a very clear strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to shape both the business and the balance sheet to help shareholders achieve their objectives.
We are looking to appoint a professionally qualified accountant who may have had some exposure to the aviation industry (although not a pre-requisite), or travel-related businesses, and will have strong stakeholder management experience. Ultimately, the right candidate will combine ability and track record with high potential and excitement about being part of this journey. Candidates should live within a commutable distance of Glasgow Airport or be prepared to relocate for this opportunity.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at email@example.com
For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.