Home » Director of People & Culture
- October 28, 2020
As Scotland’s animal welfare charity, the Scottish SPCA has been on-hand to protect animals and prevent cruelty for 180 years. Over almost two centuries, the Scottish SPCA has grown to become a national charity which celebrates the strength of the human-animal bond and enriches the lives of animals and people.
The Scottish SPCA’s purpose is to:
- champion animal welfare and encourage respect and kindness for animals across all communities
- educate people of all ages about the welfare of animals in a mission to eradicate animal cruelty and create a better future for all of us
- promote the importance of the human/animal bond, and the myriad medical, social and psychological advantages gained from animal companionship
- bring those who abuse animals to justice
- care for, rescue, rehabilitate, release and rehome
The People & Culture team is at the forefront of supporting organisational change, and championing positive, values led leadership to support the health, wellbeing and engagement of Scottish SPCA staff and volunteers.
The Director of People & Culture will provide strategic vision and leadership for the People & Culture team at the Scottish SPCA, and as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), be a trusted adviser to the CEO, SLT and Board on all people related matters. The role will work strategically and collaboratively with colleagues to support and drive the development and implementation of the Scottish SPCA Strategic Plan and translate this into the People Plan and supporting operational activities and project plans.
For more information please download the full candidate brochure.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Alix Meekison at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her on 0131 539 7087 for a confidential discussion.