Home » Director of Pharmaceutical Product Development
- October 12, 2022
Ferring Controlled Therapeutics Ltd. is a highly successful pharmaceutical development and facility located in East Kilbride near Glasgow. Established in 1986, the company is now part of Ferring Pharmaceuticals, a globally recognised, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company committed to helping people around the world build families and live better lives.
Ferring is a leader in Reproductive Medicine and Maternal Health, and in specialty areas within Gastroenterology and Urology. Ferring employs approximately 6,500 people worldwide and 100 people in East Kilbride.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Director of Pharmaceutical Product Development. This diverse and strategic role reports into the Vice President of Pharmaceutical Development and Drug Delivery of Ferring Pharmaceuticals in Copenhagen.
The successful candidate will lead, motivate, and manage an organization of 26 Scientists. With up-to-date knowledge and experience of developing pharmaceutical drug products (including formulations, processes, analytical methods and control strategies), the successful candidate will provide advice and best practice in this fast-moving research & development and clinical manufacturing environment.
We are looking for candidates with:
- MSc/PhD in Pharmaceutical Science, Engineering Science or equivalent relevant subject and at least 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven skills in pharmaceutical GXP regulated work and CMC strategies for global file submissions
- Excellent written and oral communication and presenting skills in English.
- Broad experience in drug development process and with strategic thinking including manoeuvring in an environment with limited guidance
- Collaborative leader who is driven, enthusiastic and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to build and maintain a strong team morale and build confidence through trust and delegation.
Ferring Controlled Therapeutics offers an attractive compensation and benefits package for the right candidate. Relocation support will be provided.
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087 for an initial confidential discussion.