Home » Director of Property & Facilities
- February 26, 2021
Edinburgh Napier is an inspiring and innovative University. With a reputation for the diversity of its student community, the employability of its graduates, its international reach and strong links to business through research and innovation, it is widely regarded as the number one modern University in Scotland.
The Property & Facilities Department delivers an excellent customer experience to over 1,500 staff and nearly 19,000 students. One of the largest landowners in Edinburgh, it consists of approximately 180 team members, split across Hospitality & Facilities Services and Estates Services. The aim of the department is to develop and maintain an Estate that provides the best learning environment, is highly relevant to the modern workplace and links seamlessly with the local community, industry and all external partners.
The University is looking to appoint a Director of Property & Facilities, reporting to the Finance & Operations Director. The Director of Property & Facilities will lead all activities within Property & Facilities, in support of the University’s strategy, working closely and effectively with all Schools and Service Departments across the University. With a large multi-site Estate, comprising new and old buildings, this is an excellent time to join the University as it embarks on a new phase of investment in Property to help deliver its strategic goals.
The Director of Property & Facilities will therefore be a key member of the University Senior Leadership Team.
- Leading and influencing to further embed a positive, open, supportive and high performing culture within the team.
- Leading the development and realisation of the University’s Estate strategy, ensuring the delivery of state of the art facilities and services for a wide stakeholder group.
- Planning and delivering the repurposing of the University Estate to ensure the Campus meets the demands of more flexible working and learning methodologies.
- Delivering the maintenance plan for the estate, ensuring the further transition to more planned than reactive maintenance.
- Growing trading activities, exploring new opportunities and generating surplus for reinvestment.
- Maintaining ISO45001 accreditation ensuring best in class standards of Health & Safety compliance are embedded.
- Leading Property & Facilities’ contribution to the University Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding property professional, with a strong track record of driving innovation in property development, property management and service delivery. Candidates should demonstrate significant leadership, project management and commercial experience from an organisation comparable in size and complexity to the University, but potentially from a wide range of sectors.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com
For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.