Home » Director of Services
- September 15, 2022
Social Enterprise Scotland (SES) is Scotland’s national membership body and network for social enterprises. The organisation exists to support its members with news, information, advice, connections and events and to build networks between social enterprises and their peers and important stakeholders across Scotland. SES acts as an influencing voice for over 500 members on the issues that matter to them, raising the profile of social enterprises and their products and services to key audiences.
Members are made up of:
- Social enterprise members: from housing associations to training providers to catering and retailers, SES members operate in a breadth of industries and across Scotland.
- Start up members: at an earlier stage of their social enterprise journey with ambitious and creative ideas to address social issues. Start up members join when they are less than one year old and may or may not be constituted organisations.
- Associate members: a similarly diverse group of organisations – local authorities, businesses, funders – who want to support and access the SES network and help champion social enterprise as a better way of doing business for Scotland.
- Individual members, who might be sole-traders or passionate supporters of social enterprise.
A recent strategic review and restructure within SES has created the opportunity to add to the existing strength of the Leadership Team with the appointment of a Director of Services. The Director of Services is a newly created position, with a broad portfolio of responsibilities across strategic leadership, partnership development, operational oversight and a range of corporate support functions.
This role will have a specific focus on identifying and developing opportunities for growth, through building relationships with the commercial and corporate business sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operational leadership for all service provision, building on the SES outcomes focused approach
- Lead and develop the team through a period of transition, responding to the changing social enterprise and socially responsible business landscape
- Ensure SES members can maximise their community, social and commercial impact through the provision of the highest quality needs led services
- Influence policy development and raise profile at local and national levels
- Create and implement the strategic and annual plans for SES services and associated income generation
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of strategic and operational management at a senior level in a membership organisation or similar, combined with strong business and commercial awareness. It is thought that the individual will likely come with a strong understanding of the social enterprise movement, community wealth building and the business network in Scotland. Candidates should display a high degree of organisational skills, communication, diplomacy and emotional intelligence.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with current remuneration details, directly to Graham Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07738 182813 for a confidential discussion.
- Edinburgh / Hybrid