Home » Director of Strategic Asset Management
- May 25, 2023
Hanover has been housing and supporting people in Scotland for more than forty years and one of the largest specialist housing associations.
We provide and manage a wide range of housing and services, mainly for older people. We currently manage more than 4,500 affordable homes throughout Scotland and provide telecare and factoring services to many more. them to be as independent as possible.
We are looking to appoint a Director of Strategic Asset Management to join our Executive Leadership Team. You will have responsibility for the leadership and direction of the Asset Management Directorate and delivery of the asset management and sustainability strategy. You should have experience of major change projects combined with strong leadership skills. We’re looking for a credible leader who will bring imaginative solutions to the Asset Management function and who will embrace our values, vision, and strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an innovative Asset Management & Sustainability Strategy that includes a delivery plan linked to budgets
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to shape Hanover’s strategic vision, corporate strategy and objectives and be able to follow this through using a robust performance management framework
- Work closely with the Board and wider leadership team to develop and deliver a sustainable new build and redevelopment plan that is supported by an affordable treasury management plan
- Responsibility for the financial management and reporting of all aspects of the directorate to ensure budget compliance
- Lead responsibility for the development and implementation of an asset management programme (Repairs & Maintenance, Cyclical, Planned, Major works) based on high quality stock condition information
- Lead responsibility for ensuring that customer safety requirements in terms of compliance with gas safety, legionella, fire risk, electrical testing and others are fully met
- With the support of the Head of Asset Management, drive the development of an effective and efficient service delivery structure and approach that is modern and high quality and meets the objectives set out in our strategic objectives
- Responsible for developing and implementing sound procurement strategies in conjunction with the Procurement Manager to ensure legislative compliance and best value
- Lead the organisational wide approach to ensure that a Health and Safety and Wellbeing Management System is in operation which minimises risk to customers and employees
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that is striving for excellence and to have a tangible impact on the lives of older people in Scotland.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ailsa Sutherland on 0131 539 7087 or email your CV to her at email@example.com