Home » Distillery Site Director
- June 02, 2023
William Grant & Sons is one of the world’s largest independent, family-owned premium spirits companies.
When our founder William Grant established our Company in 1887, he had a vision to make the best dram in the valley. That vision stands true today as we build brands that are loved the world over. And it anchors us to William Grant’s ambition to always produce liquid of the highest quality, and to maintain those quality standards in all that we do – in our production, distribution and marketing processes, and also in the way that we treat each other.
You will be part of a culture that values Rare Characters and provides the freedom and opportunity to make a difference to your career and our business. You will become an advocate of our amazing brands and have the opportunity to be part of a high–performing team that delivers consistently with passion and commitment. We’re looking into the future with the mindset of trailblazers who want to make a mark on the world. If that sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Now part of a £1.2bn+ turnover spirits business, with 46 locations across 200 markets, and 18 distilling and bottling operations globally Dufftown is where it all began.
It was Christmas Day 1887 that the first drop of spirit flowed through the Glenfiddich stills in Dufftown after William Grant and his 9 children had spent the previous year building it. An impressive five years later, the second distillery ‘The Balvenie’ was launched and since then, with over 135 years of success and history since then it remains a growing and pivotal site today.
Today, alongside Glenfiddich and Balvenie there is also the more recent addition of Kininvie Distillery as well as significant production operations, cooperage and warehousing, packaging and a visitor centre as well as broader site/estate management and commercial hospitality.
The Dufftown Site Director will lead, control and develop all aspects of the Dufftown site through the development and delivery of a site plan for distilling operations that supports overall business strategy. This includes all aspects of new make production, filling, warehousing, coopering, engineering, health, safety and environmental. The role also includes leadership of the Dufftown visitor experience and oversight of the packaging activities on the site.
The Dufftown Site Leader will therefore not only be a senior leader across the Operations Business Unit and Distillery Leadership Team, reporting to the Group Distillery Director but also be a key custodian and steward of the spiritual home of William Grant & Sons. As a result this person will be a key member of the local community, and will play a humble and attentive role in the engagement across Speyside and Moray area.
- Develop and execute the business strategy for the Dufftown site in line with the Company, Operations and Business Unit objectives.
- Support the development and lead the implementation of the site strategy in line with Company, Operations and Business unit objectives.
- Adopt and contribute to the sharing of best practise across the OBU, ensuring that Dufftown site operations and processes are aligned to the wider Operations function.
- Drive the operational excellence programme across the site, utilising Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, ISO, S&OP and currently established continuous improvement practices to deliver improved performance, ensuring a strong interface and alignment across OBU teams.
- Ensure safe, efficient distilleries operations including the management of Co Product streams to ensure continuity of process operations and conformity of by product streams to operational and environmental standards
- Lead, motivate and develop the Dufftown site in line with company values to maximise employee engagement and develop a culture to deliver operational excellence.
- Manage the Distillery budget of variable and fixed costs for optimum performance of the Dufftown site and develop comprehensive strategies that support our Capital Investment programme and business objectives ensuring successful implementation by translating them into achievable and “actionable” action plans.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Business Unit teams and other key stakeholders to harness strong cross functional relationships that ensures strategic alignment to operational initiatives that support the business, commercial and marketing 5 year plans.
- Develop strong links with the local community that ensure the company is represented professionally and appropriately.
- Support the marketing team efforts in ensuring that brand strategies and the visitor experience offering come to life for consumers, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at William Grant & Sons where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
How To Apply
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
For further information as well as details on the relocation and housing package included with this role please contact Michael Dickson at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or please phone 0131 539 7087.