Home » Employee Relations & Policy Lead
- October 12, 2015
We care about Here. That means we care about our people, our customers and the places where they live. At Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, our name is a clue to our difference; it signals a sense of place and pride in being your local bank.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an influential and authentic Employee Relations & Policy Lead to further develop and implement the Bank’s employee relations strategy and drive all aspects of employment policy management to help us shape our strategy & deliver on our ambitions.
As we move towards becoming a standalone Company in the UK, the successful candidate will develop, deliver and maintain a business focused employee relations and policy strategy that meets the needs of all stakeholder groups during an exciting time for the Bank.
We have the knowledge, experience and hunger to be a successful challenger bank offering something truly different to UK customers – small, nimble and brave enough to test and learn what makes a market changing experience for our customers.
The role is all about…
Working closely with HR Leadership Team, this is a critical leadership role with responsibility for the strategic development of the HR function by developing and owning a progressive, business focused employee relations strategy that meets the current and future needs of the Bank.
Reporting to the Head of Workplace Performance, you will be accountable for employment policies and associated processes / procedures on behalf of the Bank and ensure ongoing legal compliance.
You will own and manage the day to day relationship with Unite the Union ensuring we maintain a collaborative approach to stakeholder engagement.
In addition, you will provide legally compliant and commercial guidance on the employee relations aspects of change management including proposed changes to organisation structure whilst developing realistic timelines and associated employee communications.
Managing a small team, with a job share agreement, the successful candidate will be deeply experienced in leading with resilience through change and working with ambiguity.
This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who has strong leadership experience, a track record of working closely with a trade union, a broad business and commercial perspective and is comfortable using their judgement.
What we need from you…
• Deep policy expertise in a fast paced commercial environment
• Stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence and network across the business
• Proven experience of developing and implementing a successful employee relations strategy
• Successful track record in union relationship management and effective negotiations
• Ability to operate as a credible source of advice / recommendations
• Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills to Board and Executive level
We would like you to have …
• HR Consultant or Business Partnering experience
• Fast moving Corporate Financial Services, or similar, organisational experience
• Experience of working within a regulated environment
• Experience of providing advice and guidance to differing customer groups with differing needs
We’ll look after you with…..
• An enviable Glasgow City Centre location
• A competitive salary
• Minimum 30 days holiday plus 9 public holidays, if that’s not enough you have the option to buy more!
• Pension and share save scheme, as well as an attractive discount on banking products and well known high-street brands through our affinity reward scheme.
To apply please send your CV with current remuneration details to Alix Meekison at firstname.lastname@example.org