Home » Sales Director
- December 10, 2015
Enterprise Foods are seeking a Sales Director to be based at the HQ in East Kilbride and lead a team that works across the UK. Enterprise Foods (https://www.enterprisefoods.co.uk/) is an incredibly successful, high growth specialist sourcing business that provides the technology platform for small independent food and drink producers to sell their products to supermarkets, large convenience retailers, foodservice businesses and wholesalers. Enterprise Foods enable these businesses to sell locally produced fresh produce such as craft bakery and dairy products; an area which is under increasing consumer pressure to deliver. The business is private equity backed by Hattington Capital, who invested last year, and is on track with a growth trajectory to double turnover to in excess of £100m within the lifecycle of the deal.
Successful candidates will currently be Sales Directors in an FMCG or Food Service business and have a proven track record of leading a sales team. As well as leading the team of national account managers they will take personal responsibility for developing new relationships with major supermarkets, convenience retailers and food services providers.
- Develop and implement a robust plan to exceed the annual sales target
- Identify, report upon and maximise business opportunities within target markets
- Provide input to the business strategy, annual plans and resource needs
- Take personal responsibility for servicing key accounts and negotiating large tenders/contract renewal in order to exceed sales and margin targets
- Lead and manage a team of National Account Managers to deliver sales targets and agreed levels of customer service
- Provide clear expectations and leadership to the team to ensure accountability within their assigned customer portfolio
- Ensure sales targets are set through the appropriate processes and to agreed time scales
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of business opportunities and provide regular update reports for main board review.
- Play a key strategic role within the Operating Board to deliver overall company strategy, objectives and targets
- Identify targets for the mitigation of sales cost and develop strategies within the operating board to deliver these
- Demonstrate a thorough and proactive response to customer needs
- Cultivate relationships at appropriate levels with key clients
- Represent the business at conferences and networking events