Home » European Head of Finance
- September 25, 2019
For four generations, and over 150 years, the Baxter family have been handing down their expertise to produce some of the UK’s finest soups, preserves, condiments, beetroot and chutney. Founded upon the principle of ‘be different, be better’, the Baxter family business has grown to become one of Scotland’s most iconic brands. Now a global success story, the group has significant operations across the US, Australia and Europe.
Strategic changes to the European Leadership Team have created the opportunity to appoint a technically and commercially excellent European Head of Finance, who will report to the European Finance Director. The European Division is a multi-site business, with a presence in Fochabers, Edinburgh, Burntwood, Colchester and Poland. Candidates should live within a commutable distance of the main European manufacturing site in Fochabers or be willing to relocate for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strong leadership, direction and development of the European Operations Finance and Central Finance team
- Communicate relevant and insightful financial/management information and analysis in a timely manner, to guide financial control, profitability and business performance
- Ensure strong financial controls are in place throughout all areas of the European business
- Manage the annual budget and in year forecast processes including all areas of operations, overheads, CapEx, balance sheet, cashflow and consolidation
- Lead on European Finance projects such as the integration of non-core financial systems and business acquisitions
We are looking to appoint a highly credible and operational Head of Finance with excellent leadership, communication skills and high levels of emotional intelligence. The Head of Finance will be a qualified accountant with approximately 5–10 years of post-qualification experience and a good understanding of and passion for the manufacturing sector.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.