Home » Executive Director Research & Development
- June 07, 2023
Founded in 2006 and funded by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, GALVmed makes livestock vaccines, medicines and diagnostics accessible and affordable to the millions in developing countries for whom livestock is a lifeline. GALVmed aims to make a significant contribution towards transformational change in the small-scale livestock health landscape by developing a portfolio of high impact products and initiating a range of private sector market initiatives operating at scale in the smallholder sector – with the ultimate goal of creating a sustainable future for the agricultural industry.
We are looking to appoint an Executive Director R&D who will be responsible for overseeing the scientific function to achieve GALVmed’s mission and objectives, including elaboration of new research and development proposals, evaluation of new technologies, new process development and applied product development projects. You will establish the organisation’s strategic scientific input, managing the R&D team, managing R&D stakeholders (internal & external) and maintaining the highest quality of scientific foundations and ethics of the company.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent Life Science Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial Animal Health Industries & product development.
- Proven track record in management of teams, research programs and project portfolios, networks, and collaborative partnerships.
- Good understanding of infectious livestock diseases and their control and product needs in LMICs, especially Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com or alternatively contact her at our Edinburgh office for an initial confidential discussion on 0131 539 7087.
- Edinburgh / Nairobi / Kenya / Flexible