Home » Executive Secretary
- July 26, 2017
Location – Flexible
** No Longer Accepting Applications**
The management and administration of the fund for the eventual decommissioning of the 8 nuclear power stations operated by EDFE.
The Nuclear Liabilities Fund [NLF] is a Scottish registered company holding investments valued at over £9bn, for the purpose of providing funding to meet certain waste management costs and, in due course, the decommissioning liabilities of the 8 power stations of EDFE. It is a Public Trust under Scottish Law and its 5 Trustees are also Directors of the Fund. The Executive Secretary manages all the affairs of NLF and has the support of a range of outsourced arrangements and advisors, together with the Trustees. The activities of NLF will naturally increase as the period of decommissioning approaches.
This appointment carries with it a significant level of responsibility and autonomy and the remit includes:
- All company secretarial and related executive duties
- Obtaining and acting on legal advice , obtaining consents and agreements
- Exercising a range of Executive duties
- Managing communications with key stakeholders
- Working closely with the National Loans Fund, UKGI, HM Treasury and Trustees, liaising with Investment Managers and advisors
- Managing the outsourced Accounting service and acting in the capacity of the Senior Accounting Officer
- Ensure that the organisation and administration are fit for purpose and will meet the foreseeable increase in activity
The role is home based and may suit flexible working. It will involve regular meetings in London and elsewhere around the UK.
Suitable candidates will be a qualified Company Secretary, or will have a relevant legal, regulatory or financial / investment management background. While experience in the Nuclear industry would be useful, it is by no means essential.
To obtain further information and for an informal initial discussion please contact either Graham Burns or Scott Black on 0131 539 7087.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23 June 2017.