Home » Facilities Manager
- December 20, 2022
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 14,866 employees, operating in 25 countries and a Group turnover of €3.8 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
Supporting one of the most critical business units within Mowi Scotland, Consumer Products, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Facilities leader to join a truly global business and lead the development of an effective facilities management strategy for a large-scale site housing c. 850 staff and production capabilities.
Based in Rosyth (Consumer Products UK – Production) and reporting directly into the General Manager, the individual will form part of the site leadership team.
Leading from the front, and utilising your leadership and technical skills, the Facilities Manager will create a long-term FM vision and blueprint, manage the maintenance of the production environment and building infrastructure, working with stakeholders at all levels to implement and monitor this over the medium to long term, whilst adhering to Health, Safety, Environmental and Social requirements that govern site operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for a passionate and forward-thinking leader to join the business with the ability to win the hearts and minds of people, influencing and inspiring those around them, bringing a mix of rigour and attention to detail and the interpersonal skills to drive compliance and improvement.
They will also possess;
- Significant experience within a Facilities Management leadership position preferably within an FMCG environment with a sound working knowledge of refrigeration/HVAC systems
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Building Management (or equivalent experience)
- A recognised HSE qualification would be advantageous
- The ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels of the business and communicate technical language in simplistic terms
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills in relation to contract arrangements and the ability to drive operational and commercial value from contractors
- Experience of developing FM strategies and managing security
- The gravitas and presence to influence stakeholders at various levels of the organisation including Board level
- Evidence of managing and influencing ‘soft issues’ (values, beliefs, attitudes) in a multi-site environment
- Ability to build on current Mowi Scotland safety management system and protocols
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change
- A record of multi-tasking, identifying priorities and ‘trouble shooting’ as required
- An understanding of large organisations and how to ensure effective policy implementation
To find out more about the organisation, role and requirements, please click here to download the candidate brochure.
Please send CV, with full remuneration details, to Jamie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please contact him at our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.