Home » Factory Manager
- September 27, 2023
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 11,500 employees, operating in 26 countries and a Group turnover of €4.9 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
As part of a strategic recruitment programme to support growth of the (Consumer Products) production facility and business unit in Rosyth, this is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in leading one of MOWIs largest operational functions, providing effective leadership to over 600 factory operatives and line managers.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Factory Manager will be responsible for short, medium and long-term management of all processing activities while developing our people for future business and individual success.
The individuals’ responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the production strategy for the financial year, while embedding effective structures to improve ways of working and systems.
- Accountability for all aspects of Environmental GMP, Quality, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Understanding and upholding the company standards and current legislations for all aspects mentioned above.
- Lead the production teams in creating an open and honest culture with the capability for responsible decision-making at every level, especially under pressure.
- Continue the success of the company through recruiting high calibre employees while maintaining fair opportunities for the team members at all levels (e.g. succession plans)
- Prepare daily and weekly production plans, including analysis of current activities performance.
- Set and control operational budgets while striving for continuous improvement in reducing costs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for a creative, inspiring and people-oriented production leader with a strong desire to create and maintain effective working environments, placing their team members at the centre of the operation.
The successful candidate will possess first class operational experience and have the ability to influence key stakeholders and team members across all levels of the business.
The Factory Manager will possess the following:
- Evidence of strong leadership skills in previous manufacturing positions within a medium-large scale site
- Experience in fast moving consumer goods sectors, although we will consider candidates from broader high volume production environments
- Effective and clear communication skills, with the ability to ensure that information is delivered and understood on all levels
- Experience of driving continual improvement plans and an understanding of lean manufacturing techniques
- Ability to build strong employee engagement through positive communication and forward planning
- Ability to work well and deliver under pressure
- Good problem solving, analytical skills and a solutions- focused mindset.
- Experience of collaborating with third party agencies
- Possess minimum third level/ technical qualification or equivalent experience in relevant field.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Jamie Brown of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.