Home » Finance and Commercial Director
- July 22, 2016
Edinburgh Napier is an inspiring and innovative University. With a reputation for the diversity of its student community, the employability of its graduates, its international reach and strong links to business through research and innovation, it has recently embarked upon a new and exciting strategy to 2020, building on achievements to date and positioning the University strongly to maximise future potential.
The University is looking to appoint a Finance and Commercial Director, reporting to the Principal and Vice-Chancellor, Andrea Nolan. This person will be a key member of the University Leadership Team and will help to optimise the university’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Provision of strategic direction, leadership, professional and regulatory advice and governance in relation to all aspects of the University’s strategic, financial and commercial planning and decision making.
- Leading the development and implementation of a robust long and short term financial strategy as well as the subsequent delivery of supporting financial plans, budgets and funding projections, to enable the University to achieve its strategic corporate objectives, maximise the use of allocated resources and generate additional income.
- Strong leadership across a multi-disciplined team (30) and supporting the team to achieve their full potential.
- Lead in the delivery of timely, accurate and relevant management information, including transparent financial reporting and forecasting.
- Provision of support for the University’s income generating and business facing activities including support of projects, business planning and financial modelling.
- Advising budget holders of opportunities for widening the University income base both nationally and internationally and provide support in achieving this.
- Supporting and, where appropriate, leading negotiations in respect of major contracts, partnerships and joint ventures, providing high level support and advice in relation to financial and commercial aspects both nationally and internationally.
- Leading the University’s market, economic and political intelligence capabilities, providing direct support in the form of market intelligence and horizon scanning drawing on the department’s expertise and wider professional networks across the University to inform and drive strategy.
- Leading on the creation and development of innovative and imaginative revenue generating programmes, with the objective to enhance the University’s reputation and generate a financial surplus.
We are looking to appoint a professionally qualified accountant with significant commercial experience and leadership in an organisation comparable in size and complexity to the University. Ultimately, the right candidate will combine ability and track record with outstanding communication skills, high potential and excitement about being part of this journey. Candidates should live within a commutable distance of Edinburgh Napier University or be prepared to relocate for this opportunity.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at email@example.com
For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087