Home » Finance and Commercial Manager
- November 01, 2020
MaidSafe.net is building the Safe Network – the world’s first autonomous decentralised data network. The Safe Network is a new internet, with the emphasis firmly on the security, privacy and freedom of those that use it. Founded in 2006 by Scottish engineer, David Irvine, the Safe Network takes the internet off corporate and central government servers, harnessing the computing power and security of distributing the network across many personal computers, smart phones and other private devices.
Users of the Safe Network will make their personal devices available to the network in return for a cryptocurrency called Safe Coins. Developers will run their services on the Safe Network and will charge users in Safe Coins. Safe Coins are readily tradeable already, with in the region of £200m of value currently in circulation. Using the otherwise under-utilised computing power of the Safe Network makes this alternative network significantly more secure, private and energy efficient.
The Safe Network is extremely well funded and now very close to being launched. The business wishes to appoint a Finance and Commercial Manager to help prepare for launch and to support the business through mass adoption and commercialisation of the Safe Network. Working closely with the founder, other Directors, Investors and third parties to drive future growth, value creation and the positive performance of the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and management information and analysis to the Board in a timely manner (including monthly P&L, Cashflow and Balance Sheet)
- Responsible for getting the numbers right, leading cash, treasury and cryptocurrency management and accounting to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain and produce sales and marketing targets, accurate budgeting and cashflow forecasting models, plus commentary, to be presented regularly to the Board
- Lead on all contract management and commercial negotiations
- Liaison and negotiation with Banks and other lenders, exercising financial control over covenants
- Manage all relationships with third party service providers and advisers to establish new legal entity structure and ensure all appropriate accounting and tax regulations are complied with
- Support the CEO in all commercial decision making, future growth and strategic initiatives
We are looking to appoint a technically excellent and highly credible Finance Manager with strong commercial acumen, high levels of emotional intelligence, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. The Finance and Commercial Manager will be a qualified accountant with a Business Services type of background in practice, working closely with a range of SME clients. Some exposure to SaaS and Technology clients will be helpful, as will a knowledge of Google collaborative working tools, but this is not a prerequisite.
This is an extremely compelling opportunity to play a key role in the growth of a very exciting, innovative and ambitious business, based in Scotland. MaidSafe do not have any physical office space so this person will be working entirely from home. The CEO is based in Ayrshire.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.
- Home based