Home » Finance Director
- October 05, 2019
A market leader within the global Poultry industry, Aviagen broiler breeders supply day-old grandparent and parent stock chicks to customers in more than 100 countries worldwide. These breeders are among the most recognised and respected in the industry, with a proven record of success in addition to a large and loyal global customer base.
Owned by the EW Group, Aviagen play a key role in providing grandparent and parent stock that supplies a large proportion of the world’s poultry consumption, employing more than 5,200 employees worldwide, has a distribution network serving customers in over 100 countries and with wholly owned operations in Australia, South America, Europe, India, South Africa and the USA.
Aviagen in the UK comprises two businesses, one which provides the Parent Stock Distribution serving the UK, Greek and Cypriot Markets, and one which provides the Breeding platform for the business including Pedigree Operations and R&D.
We are seeking to appoint a Finance Director to manage the Parent Stock Distribution business which will serve UK, Greek and Cypriot Markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Leader to join a respected and established market leader and drive value through an already well performing business unit.
The individual will assume responsibility for the following;
- Leadership and development of the Aviagen UK Limited Finance function ensuring all financial controls are implemented and reviewed and therefore all financial reporting is produced on time and accurately to satisfy reporting requirements and the annual audit.
- As a member of the executive team, the Finance Director will ensure that the finance team supports the overall strategy of the Aviagen UK Ltd business to meet financial, commercial and production targets of the business within the Aviagen Group.
- Contribute to, and in cases own the development of strategic initiatives as part of the UK Executive.
- To provide monthly financial analysis of the 8 European business units performance in order to support the European President.
- Develop and enhance monthly financial reporting systems within the company to ensure the requirements of Aviagen Group and statutory bodies are met in terms of quality, accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Manage the Finance team to ensure that the daily financial requirements of the company are undertaken accurately and on time, including cash flow, accounts payable, accounts receivable, nominal ledgers, annual statutory audit, corporation tax, VAT etc.
- Management of the budget process for Aviagen UK Ltd.
- Ensure that the Finance team is properly trained and managed to deliver high quality service.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring finance leader with experience in a related FMCG, production or manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering financial reports accurately and to tight deadlines within a fast-paced business environment, and strong experience of leading and developing teams.
Given the organisation operates alongside a number of European business units, and has engagement with a shared services function, it is important the individual is able to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across business functions.
It is essential the success successful candidate holds a professional qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA) and preferably a relevant business-related degree.
- Strong management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The drive to identify and act on opportunities and respond to business needs
- Proactive personality exhibiting leadership and team building qualities
- Ability to form good relationships with employees at all levels of the organisation
To apply, please send your CV to Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org