Home » Finance Director
- October 28, 2021
Scottish Leather Group Limited is the largest manufacturer of leather in the United Kingdom employing over 600 employees globally, across 7 locations including Scotland, China, Germany, Mexico and the USA. We are proud of our heritage as a long-standing Scottish manufacturer, which is steeped in tradition, and we have prospered through the years by continuously looking forward by adopting best in class manufacturing principles.
Partnering with hundreds of prestigious brands in more than 60 countries, our vision is to be the most successful and respected group of leather manufacturing companies in the world and we are passionate about leading sustainable manufacturing practices, continuous innovation and outstanding service.
The Group is long established with combined experience in tanning and finishing leather of over 500 years. Our specialist leathers are produced for a wide range of industries including automotive, aviation, bus and coach, rail, furniture and custom projects. Our customers include Aston Martin, Volvo, Jaguar Land Rover, Ford, Emirates Airlines, Boeing and Philips.
The philosophy of Scottish Leather Group is a desire to establish the highest industry standards for quality, innovation, value, service and care for the environment whilst upholding our Company values; Integrity, Honesty, Fairness and Respect.
Being part of the Senior Management Team, and as well as ensuring efficient internal financial transactional services provision, the role of the Finance Director is responsible for strategically positioning the business to maximise long term profitable growth and sustainability by driving business performance through effective leadership of the Finance function, whilst meeting our legal and statutory financial governance requirements.
You will play a key role in leading the Finance Team’s “best in class” financial expertise, devising and reporting key metrics and providing commercial and operational insight to improve and drive operational performance. You will do so through empowering leadership and providing an environment that ensures we meet our manufacturing and sustainability ambitions.
- Ensure that the Finance Team operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Instill a culture of wellbeing, continuous improvement and responsiveness to internal and external customers to achieve an ethos which:
- drives change and performance by influencing the senior management team through sound financial arguments.
- drives KPI’s to ensure that the Finance department and all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
- offers professional judgement on financial matters and advises on ways of improving business performance.
- Working across functions to ensure the Finance Team enhances overall profitability, cash flow and net worth.
- Implement and cascade control and reporting models through relevant parts of the business.
- Make certain that variances to budget / forecast are explained which inform key outcomes and formulate business strategies.
- Establish analysis of operational costs, venue drivers and results are presented for non-financial managers.
- Managing and enhancing the forecasting of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results.
- Maintain costs for operational overheads and new business improvement initiatives.
- Confirm supply chain management processes are providing optimal stock levels.
- Maintain a tight discipline for CAPEX approvals and subsequent expenditure.
- Collaborate with the Innovation and Sustainability Director to ensure Intellectual property strategies protect the company’s proprietary designs, processes, and inventions.
- Be part of the strategic plan process and deliver on the longer-term product development goals.
- A strong technical accounting grounding (ACA / CIMA qualified).
- Previous experience of leading a finance team in a senior financial role – preferably in manufacturing.
- Demonstrable experience of improving control, process and rigor around financial and operational metrics and the ability to analyse and present accurate and concise management information.
- Effected change within a business or business unit at either a strategic and/or tactical level.
- A proven track record of driving organisational improvement to management information systems.
- Demonstrable strategic and influencing skills at a senior level resulting in positive changes to existing practices.
- Experience of managing a team with demonstrable leadership which ensures a culture of personal and professional growth and empowerment.
- Experience of developing and implementing meaningful KPI’s, targeting key areas of improvement, enabling the ability to celebrate success.
- Commercial awareness.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Michael Dickson, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com or call him on 0131 539 7087 for an initial confidential discussion.