Home » Finance Director
- June 27, 2022
Highlands and Islands Airports Limited (HIAL) is responsible for the management and operation of eleven regional airports in some of Scotland’s most stunning locations, serving some of our remotest communities. HIAL airports are situated at Barra, Benbecula, Campeltown, Dundee, Inverness, Islay, Kirkwall, Stornoway, Sumburgh, Tiree and Wick. The organisation is entirely committed to supporting the essential socio-economic role of aviation in Scotland by maintaining and developing the airports and the vital connections they provide.
HIAL is a private limited company wholly owned by Scottish Ministers. The organisation receives subsidies from the Scottish Government and is sponsored by Transport Scotland. HIAL employs over 650 people across its eleven locations and Head Office in Inverness. The core activities of the business include operating, developing and maintaining the airports, working closely with airlines and other key stakeholders to provide essential passenger and freight services and to drive commercial revenue through airlines, property and retail.
The opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to join the Board of HIAL in the role of Finance Director (FD). Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Inglis Lyons, the FD will be a key member of the Senior Management Team, central to the delivery of HIAL operational and business objectives and continuous improvement across all areas of the business.
- Leadership, coaching and development of a highly professional Finance function
- Providing advice and guidance on Finance and Commercial matters to the Senior Management Team and Board
- Develop financial targets, budgets, reporting and management information in accordance with financial and commercial strategy
- Financial planning and investment appraisal of operational and capital expenditure, additional revenue streams and opportunities
- Ensure regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding the company’s financial affairs. In particular, the Scottish Public Finance Manual and International Accounting Standards as well as Scottish Government and European procurement rules.
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders including the Scottish Government and HIAL Board
- Project governance, people management, systems and process improvement.
We are looking for a highly credible Finance Director with initiative, who will be a strong fit with the ownership structure of the organisation, its financing and in managing a wide variety of external relationships and stakeholders. Candidates need not necessarily have operated at Finance Director level before but will likely have spent some time working in the Public Sector.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.
- Hybrid / Flexible