Home » Finance Director
- December 14, 2017
Levenseat Ltd (LL) is a family owned waste management company, operating from its principal site at Levenseat in West Lothian. The company, founded in 1986, has a turnover in the region of £10m and employs over 50 people. The business is in a sustained period of long term organic growth, and is optimistic about the future and opportunities identified in the dynamic and rapidly evolving sector of resource management and renewable energy.
LL deploys a diverse range of waste management technologies and has invested heavily in alternative methodologies. These include waste sorting, composting and aggregates processing, producing a range of recovered materials and products.
A major current development is the construction of a waste to energy plant, for which total financing of £111m was secured in 2015. This plant is owned by a special purpose vehicle, Levenseat Renewable Energy Ltd (LREL), financed by Green Investment Bank, Zouk Capital and Investec Bank.
LL is now of a size, scale and complexity that an opportunity has been created for a highly commercial Finance Director to join the senior leadership team. The Finance Director will be expected to undertake a broad, hands-on role in producing accurate and insightful management information, the investment appraisal of various projects and all future M&A activity.
- Support the Managing Director in all future growth and strategic initiatives
- Provide relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis in a timely manner, giving a clear overview of business performance
- Prepare the financial objectives of the business, taking board level responsibility for the financial and accounting functions and ensuring that all regulatory requirements of statutory bodies are met.
- Help drive the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, reviewing assumptions as appropriate and providing financial analysis. This includes review and appraisal of options to raise required project finance.
- Leadership and development of the Finance team with oversight of other functions including technology, regulatory compliance, quality systems and HR.
- Contribute as appropriate to supporting LREL, in both the functions as contractual provider and shareholder.
We are looking to appoint an extremely bright, commercial and highly credible Finance Director with the experience to anticipate future outcomes and add value in all areas of the business. Quickly understanding the numbers, grasping how the sector and the business work and providing the analysis and advice required to enable the best operational, commercial and strategic decisions to be made, will be key to the success of this appointment.
LL is very much a family business, with strong family values and roots in the local community. The successful candidate will be able to display inherent behaviours, characteristics and aspirations to thrive in this environment.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.
- West Lothian