Home » Finance Director
- December 23, 2022
OneBanx is a Scottish tech startup that is working to put fully-staffed banking kiosks and smart ATMs into communities that high street banks have left. Having recently raised £1.27 million on the crowdfunding platform, CrowdCube, OneBanx are now working on scaling up its kiosks across the UK in a variety of formats and sizes. The fintech’s aim is to provide bank-agnostic in-branch services – such as cash withdrawals, payments services, and deposits, coupled with face-to-face support – for people and SMEs in communities where traditional brick and mortar branches have disappeared.
The problem that OneBanx was created to solve is real and growing. According to research conducted for OneBanx, 22.5 million customers say they want to continue using branches to access their bank, yet after bank branch numbers have fallen 70% over the last 30 years, and over 1500 communities have no bank branches. High street businesses continue to see customers wanting to still pay in cash, and a recent survey for the Financial Conduct Authority found that nearly four out of five SMEs expect to continue to accept cash payments for the next five years. Half of SMEs deposit cash at branches and will continue to need facilities to bank cash takings at the end of the day.
The Finance Director will play a leading role working alongside the Chief Executive. This is a critical role for the company that will contribute to the future growth through the application of expert and forward-thinking finance skills and experience.
As the Finance Director, you will be expected to balance the needs of the present, the management and preservation of assets, and the maintenance of efficient and effective finance operations, with the demands of the future.
Reporting to the CEO and being a key part of the senior management team, this role will provide strength and expert leadership within a growing team as OneBanx scales.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead imminent scale up and external fundraising activity
- Improve and manage a robust control framework
- Lead the commercial modelling and pricing for solutions
- Work on long term financial forecast modelling
- Produce and maintain cash flow forecasts and help drive the future strategic funding requirements including debt financing
- Set budget annually for the year ahead
- Developing KPIs and financial targets and monitoring business performance
- Support with future fundraises
- Ownership of the year end financial accounts and annual report
- Analysis of management accounts on a monthly basis and the creation of financial board reports and KPIs
We are therefore looking for a self-motivated and commercial finance leader who will work in collaboration with the rest of the leadership team to be part of an exciting and purpose led scale up. This definitely looks like it will be a fantastic journey for the right person and geography is not important – we don’t mind where this person is based as long as they are up for the journey!
For full details on the and to request a copy of the candidate brochure or arrange a confidential conversation, please contact Michael Dickson, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com.
- Remote UK