Home » Finance Director
- September 24, 2017
Di Maggio’s Restaurant Group (DRG), a family-run business, owns and operates an impressive portfolio of restaurants and hotels across Scotland. The group owns a significant property portfolio and several well established and highly popular restaurant brands, such as Di Maggio’s, Amarone, Café Andaluz, Barolo Grill and The Anchor Line.
The group has a strong track record of customer service, innovation and investment and is extremely proud of its good reputation and strong family values. With further development, diversification and future acquisitions planned, the business is growing.
DRG is now of a size, scale and complexity that an opportunity has been created for a highly commercial Finance Director (FD) to join the senior leadership team. The FD will be expected to undertake a broad, hands-on role in producing insightful and accurate management information, financial reporting and the investment appraisal of various projects.
- The provision of relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis to the board/shareholders in a timely manner, giving a clear overview of business performance and helping commercial decision making and strategic planning discussions
- Preparing the financial objectives for the business, and being responsible for the annual budgeting process in line with the business plan, forecasting and financial planning
- Assessing performance against both the budget and the longer term strategy, positioning finance as a business partner and providing financial input and analysis for key operational decision making
- Design and integrity of robust financial systems and controls, across multiple P&L’s, producing timely and accurate management information for non-finance colleagues
- Managing cash, working capital and the Treasury requirements of the business to best effect
- Managing the annual audit process and ensuring compliance with financial reporting standards
- Providing leadership and development to the Finance team
We are looking to appoint an extremely bright, commercial and highly credible Finance Director, with the experience to anticipate future outcomes and add value in all areas of the business. Quickly understanding the numbers in considerable detail, grasping how the business works, its key ratios and margins and providing the analysis and advice required to enable the best operational, commercial and strategic decisions to be made, will be key to the success of this appointment.
It is likely that the preferred candidate will come with a background in hospitality, leisure, retail, property or FMCG, but this is not a pre-requisite.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.