Home » Finance Director
- May 02, 2018
St Andrews Links Trust has a vision to develop St Andrews Links as the most renowned public golf complex in the world and deliver unique and memorable experiences for golfers to play, learn, shop and relax. The Trust operates as an independent charitable trust but with global business interests, high ambition and a strongly commercial feel.
As the biggest public golf complex in Europe, turning over in excess of £25m in golfing revenue, retail, merchandising, royalty and licencing revenues, the Trust has significant responsibility towards the game of golf. It acts as the dynamo for much of Scotland’s vibrant golf industry, operating as a centre of excellence and upholding the high standards so strongly associated with the Home of Golf.
The planned retirement of the Finance Director has created the opportunity for a highly commercial Finance Director to join the senior leadership team.
- Support the Chief Executive in all future growth and strategic initiatives
- Leadership and development of the finance team plus oversight of other functions
- Provide relevant and insightful financial and management information and analysis in a timely manner, giving a clear overview of business performance
- Prepare the financial objectives of the business, taking board level responsibility for the financial and accounting functions and ensuring that all regulatory requirements of statutory bodies are met
- Lead responsibility for Pensions Management from Trust’s perspective
The Finance Director will be expected to undertake a broad, hands-on role in producing accurate and insightful management information, financial reporting and the investment appraisal of various projects and commercial ventures. The Trust is about to embark on a significant period of infrastructure development and this will require careful scrutiny at the contractual stages and close financial supervision as these projects develop.
We are looking to appoint an extremely bright, commercial and highly credible Finance Director with excellent communication skills and the experience to innovate, drive change and add value in all areas of the business. The Finance Director will be a qualified accountant, whose inherent characteristics and values match those of St Andrews Links Trust. Strong leadership, significant growth, clear business goals, an ambition to think big and build for the future all make this an extremely exciting time to join the business.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.
- St Andrews