Home » Finance Director
- March 27, 2018
M Squared is a multi-award-winning fast-growth photonics technology company. It designs and engineers high-value laser systems that underpin fundamental scientific research at leading institutions and top universities in more than 30 countries. The company also develops ground-breaking quantum technology, biophotonics and chemical sensing applications. Successful cross-sector partnerships and collaborations are also leading to breakthroughs in areas as diverse as dementia research and whisky maturation.
M Squared has already established itself as one of the UK’s most innovative, disruptive technology businesses. Recognised by the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and Export Track 100 and awarded the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation in 2016 and International Trade in 2017. Founded in Scotland, M Squared employs circa 100 people and has offices throughout the UK, Europe and the USA.
The Finance Director role is a Board position reporting to the CEO. The FD will have overall financial responsibility for the group and a significant voice on broader commercial matters. It is an exciting time for M Squared, so this is an excellent opportunity for the right individual, with both a commercial and financial mind-set, to help the company fully reach its potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working together with the CEO, Directors, Chairman and Investors to monitor and manage the Business Plan, and to drive the growth and performance of the business.
- Keeping a constant and disciplined grip on key financial levers, ensuring they are being fully optimised, and implementing a robust KPI framework to effectively measure key milestones in the Business Plan, with a focus on EBITDA and cash.
- Preparing financial objectives for the business, responsible for the annual budgeting process in line with the Business Plan; forecasting; and financial planning processes.
- Leading the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis to the Board in a timely manner, giving a clear overview of business performance and fuelling commercial decision making and strategic planning discussions.
- Developing and leading a fully functional, visible and empowered finance team.
- Lead the finance function to ensure that high standards of control and accountability are in place and the business is supported in the most effective way.
M Squared is looking for candidates with a strong personal presence and confident leadership style combined with an entrepreneurial and hard-working approach. The FD must be technically capable, commercially aware and possess the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels. The FD must also be a qualified accountant and graduate, with excellent financial acumen as well as a demonstrable track record of contributing to growing a business.
Experience of working with a manufacturing business is desirable as is experience of working with strategic investors in entrepreneurial, high growth environments.
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com