Home » Finance Director – Robertson Facilities Management
- October 20, 2021
Robertson Group is one of the largest family-owned construction, infrastructure and support services businesses in the UK, and apply the same principles to every aspect of their business today as they did over fifty years ago when Bill Robertson set up his joinery firm in Elgin.
Over the years its sustainable growth has enabled them to invest in the business, the future of people and communities, and to deliver on major projects, housing schemes and facilities management for customers nationally.
The Group comprises a number of businesses which deliver a variety of construction, facilities management and residential housebuilding projects and services. Its scale gives the overall business the ability to accept big challenges, and build deep, mutually beneficial partner relationships. At the same time, they think locally, working with stakeholders and the supply chain to deliver services and infrastructure that will stand the test of time. Ultimately, everything Robertson Group does is about making progress safely towards a sustainable future for people, communities and business.
We are now seeking to appoint a Finance Director to assume financial responsibility for the Facilitates Management business, one of the largest standalone businesses in the Group. This is an exciting time for the business, with revenues having grown from £40 million to £96 million in recent years, and significant ambition to further scale the business over a 5-year period.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Scotland’s iconic businesses, becoming part of its growth story and play a leading role in driving value across a high-growth division, which largely serves the public sector through PFI contracts, but also supports a wider range of key markets and private sector customers throughout the UK.
Reporting directly into the Divisional Managing Director, and assuming a dotted line into the Group CFO, the FM Finance Director will provide support to the CFO, Divisional and Group Boards in providing strategic and financial direction and support to the operating regions across the business, managing a finance team of 17.
The Finance Director will play a leading role in transforming how Finance operates, the value it delivers and how it communicates with the business through this period of high growth. By improving financial analysis capability and developing business information systems, the business will derive insight and improve its ability to manage risk and plan for the future. This appetite for change and improvement is a key feature of the role.
Key accountabilities within the role will include;
- The leadership and development of a fit for purpose financial operating model for the Facilities Management (FM) business
- The provision of management accounts and key financial analysis for FM on a monthly basis including engagement and contribution in all Executive Team meetings
- Responsibility for ensuring the timely production of statutory accounts for FM (co-ordination of year end audit, consolidation and corporate tax work)
- Ensure standardisation of robust internal financial processes/reporting in respect of cash management and working capital management, and all aspects of governance and compliance, including all aspects of taxation
- Drive the budget preparation and presentation process to support the Divisional Executive Leadership team
- Ensure compliance with all corporate tax payments and submission of all returns, including VAT and CIS
- Continually assess the robustness of the information technology systems and process across the business
- Maintain an active and productive link to the Commercial functions to ensure compliance with procedures and impact on financial outcomes
The successful candidate will be an experienced Finance leader with experience in a related facilities management or support services environment with a commercial understanding of long-term service contracts. Whilst not essential it would be advantageous if the candidate understood PFI contracts within the public sector.
They will possess strong communication skills, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders at varying levels within a large complex organisation have the ability to influence and inspire those around them.
Critical to success in this role will be the candidate’s ability to drive change and we will expect the candidate to have a demonstrable track record of developing people, teams and functions.
The candidate will also possess strong systems development experience and a track record of developing and improving financial control and reporting environments.
To download the full candidate brochure please click here.
To arrange a confidential discussion around the position please contact Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stirling with flexibility