Home » Finance Director – Shared Services
- September 22, 2020
Element, which can trace its origins back almost 200 years, operates in the global outsourced materials testing market with over 6,700 Engaged Experts in over 200 facilities in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia, they support a range of customers with their testing, inspection, certification and calibration requirements. It serves a longstanding customer base of over 10,000 aerospace, oil & gas and transportation companies worldwide.
Backed by Bridgepoint and Temasek (global private equity funds), the organisation has embarked on a sustained period of acquisitive growth, turnover in excess of $800m annually and market leading profitability.
The Element culture is open, engaging and seen as one team, regardless of seniority or position. This inclusive and inspiring culture is at the heart of everything Element does, and how it operates.
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking to appoint a new Finance Director to lead Element’s European Shared Service Centre, based in Newbridge, Edinburgh.
The European Shared Service Centre is the key provider of financial information across c. $400m revenue, covering about half of the total group activity, covering c.50 laboratories (70 legal entities including holding companies). As Finance Director of the Element shared service centre in Edinburgh, the post holder will be responsible for management and development of European Shared Service Centre based in Edinburgh providing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounting, Systems Accounting and Travel support ensuring continuous improvement of people, processes and systems within the function to ensure optimal performance and business support.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance leader who has experience of running a shared service function or leading an operational finance team to join a growing global business and continue the development and growth of a critical business function.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following;
- Experience operating in a finance leadership position in a global and complex shared services environment or involved in an operational finance function from the “ground up”.
- a relevant professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA).
- strong technical accounting skills with knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- A flexible approach to leadership and be comfortable supporting individual team members, adopting a hands-on approach when necessary, and likewise supporting the Executive on strategy and overall development of the function.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and approachable style to the business in line with the overall Group culture and possess a resilience to cope with unexpected change in an ever-evolving environment.
- They will also bring experience of engaging, communicating and presenting to senior Executives within a corporate organisation and the ability to explain complex financial information in a concise and simple manner.
To apply, please send your CV with current remuneration details to Jamie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0131 539 7087 for further details on the role.