Home » Finance Manager
- May 26, 2021
Fishers is a leading laundry and textile and workwear rental business that services the hospitality and other sectors across Scotland and the North East of England. Fiercely proud of its heritage and commitment to innovation in equal measure, it draws on both to satisfy the needs of customers and to anticipate how they can draw on the latest technological advances to super-serve the needs of their own customers in turn.
Acquired by Canadian linen specialists KBro in 2017, Fishers was established in 1900 in Aberfeldy, Scotland. It has been progressively managed for more than 100 years by five generations of the Fisher family, employing more than 850 people across six sites in Scotland and the North East of England. The company has grown and prospered by sticking to core family values: serving customers with hard work, honesty and value for money.
Due to planned expansion, and recent restructure, we are seeking to appoint a new Finance Manager to join the organisation and work within the Group Finance function.
Working as part of a small, agile and dynamic team, the individual will hold responsibility for managing and delivering statutory and management accounting reporting and the associated implications from any changes or requirements in tax, FRS (102 in the UK) and IFRS (for Canada) standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a corporate or group accountant to take on their first Finance Management position, or for a more experienced Finance Manager to join a progressive, growing and ambitious business and contribute toward that. With significant ambition to scale, this could involve organic growth, or site led acquisition, with the business having in recent times completed some smaller scale acquisitions.
Given the small and agile nature of the department, there will be significant opportunity for the individual to play a key role in contributing to and managing a variety of change programmes around Finance systems, payroll and broader organisational change.
We are seeking to appoint a driven, dynamic and ambitious Finance professional to the organisation who has either spent time in a corporate accounting role, or Finance Management position with a service led organisation.
The successful candidate will possess most of the following;
- A relevant and full finance professional qualification i.e. ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Relevant post qualified experience in a corporate accounting or group finance post preferably.
- Knowledge of corporate taxation.
- Experience of producing quarterly management accounting information and completing statutory accounts.
- It is not essential to have international accounting experience but would be a distinct advantage to have.
- Experience of working collaboratively in a team where a common goal and collegiate ethos is present.
- A strong attention to detail and experience of working closely with less financially literate areas of business to improve financial performance.
- Strong financial systems knowledge and significant experience of Microsoft Office and Excel.
To download the candidate brochure and learn more about the organisation, role, requirements and how to apply, click here.
To arrange a confidential discussion around the position please contact Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org