Home » Financial Controller
- July 12, 2021
£70,000 – £90,000 plus package
As our client goes through continued significant organic growth, and a live PE fundraise round to continue their scale-up, the CFO is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join the team.
About The Organisation:
Our client is a c£90m turnover, and rapidly growing, scale-up on an existing growth and exit journey. Following a restructure in their team to create this opportunity at a higher level than had previously existed, with a view to CFO succession planning, we are keen to speak with ambitious Financial Controller and Head of Finance candidates interested in an exciting career with our ambitious Glasgow based client.
Responsibilities: (not exhaustive)
- Business set up, strategy and corporate finance.
- Lead the scaling and maturing of the finance function as it scales for future funding and growth.
- Work directly with third party advisors on accounting treatment/structural issues.
- Coaching and improving the teams understanding on a monthly basis.
- Lead on financial Due Diligence work.
- Work directly with advisors to provide information for possible IM’s as well as building up their knowledge of the business.
- Lead contact for financial audit, both in the UK internationally. Coordinating the both the internal finance team and working with senior members of the audit team to finalise the process.
- Coaching the team to prepare the financial statements both at an entity and consolidated position. Providing a review process and implementing changes to disclosures. The standards are improving but there is a knowledge gap at a consolidated level.
- Helping the team with the challenging areas of the audit, including messaging and layout of key working papers and helping the auditors get comfortable with a complex business and process.
- Reviewing the working papers of the team and ensuring that the individual accounts are accurate at an entity and consolidation level. The papers and accounts need to be prepared to a standard capable of audit at any month end (excluding reclassifications etc).
- Presenting Management Information, budgets and ad-hoc analysis / performance reporting to the senior leadership team / Board.
Cash flow management and banking
- Monitor cash levels in the business to ensure covenant compliance.
- Authorise and challenge payments on a daily basis.
- Coordinating and reviewing the tax comps.
- Working alongside the tax advisors to implement improvements to the business.
- Prepare the monthly servicer reports.
- Coordinating and performing the lead audit role.
- Ensuring covenant compliance.
- Business IT improvement, identifying reporting errors/weaknesses and working with development to implement solutions.
- Dealing with Ad-hoc requests from the board or other members of the senior management team.
For more information or for a confidential discussion please contact Michael Dickson on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, you can contact our Edinburgh office by phone on 0131 539 7087.