Home » Financial Controller
- May 23, 2022
Startline is a leading provider of specialist finance solutions to the UK motor finance market, working with prominent franchised and independent dealers and specialist intermediaries. Using a unique mix of technology, financial acumen and interpersonal skills, Startline help motor dealers transact with a wide range of potential customers, offering sensible rates and highly attractive terms. The strength of the Startline digital platform and excellent customer experience lie at the heart of the business.
With an experienced Senior Management Team in place, the company is enjoying a sustained period of organic growth. The opportunity has arisen to appoint a new Financial Controller, reporting directly to the CFO to manage the operational finance activity within the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, entrepreneurial and technology led business at a key point in its growth journey. The Financial Controller will have the opportunity to contribute to finance strategy in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
The Financial Controller will ensure that the Finance function of the business operates efficiently, overseeing all audit and taxation requirements, forecasting and budgeting, as well as holding responsibility for all internal & external financial reporting – ensuring all funding related processes are adhered to and complied with.
Key responsibilities include:
- The delivery of accurate & timely financial reporting on key performance indicators, along with commentary, analysis and the management of any financial discrepancies
- The completion, review and distribution of all monthly bank funding reporting, cashflow modelling and budget analysis for Board review
- Supporting the CFO in financial planning and scenario modelling
- Acting as one of the senior management team, contributing to overall strategy and business plans, overseeing a small team and their development
- Control of operating costs across the business, ensuring relevant departmental managers are managing costs within budget
- Engagement with audit and tax partners to ensure Startline Group meets all necessary tax requirements, audit sign off and accounting standards and regulations
We will consider candidates from a variety of sector backgrounds and are seeking a proactive, team-oriented operational Finance leader.
Candidates will possess a professional accountancy qualification (CA,CIMA,ACCA) and evidence of maintaining continued professional development. They will have a strong understanding of financial & accounting practices and current taxation, with hands on experience of managing people.
Candidates should also display the ability to drive a culture of proactivity, operational and commercial excellence and the ability to balance a number of competing priorities.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
To apply, please send your CV with full remuneration details to Jamie Brown, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial confidential conversation please contact our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.