Home » Head of Governance, Legal and Company Secretariat
- February 26, 2015
Martin Currie, active equity specialists and an independent affiliate of Legg Mason, are looking to appoint a Head of Governance, Legal and Company Secretariat to be based in Edinburgh.
This is a leadership role both within the Governance, Legal, Risk and Compliance team in Edinburgh and across the wider business. The role holder will be responsible for providing commercial, proportionate and risk based advice on legal, governance and company secretarial matters arising from operations across all jurisdictions. These will include Investment Management Agreements (IMA’s), general contracts, commercial relationships and consulting agreements.
The purpose of this role is as follows:
- Leading all aspects of governance, legal and company secretarial matters
- Supporting the Chief Risk Officer, the Head of Governance, Legal and Company Secretariat will advise the Board, Executive and wider business on management of legal risks and advice within Martin Currie
- Leading (jointly) with the compliance team in monitoring implications of regulatory and business changes
- Leadership and oversight of governance and company secretarial matters for key Investment Trust Company clients
- Management of all legal relationships with the Legg Mason Governance, Legal and Company Secretarial teams
- Providing legal advice, guidance and proactive support to all business areas with Martin Currie
The Head of Governance, Legal and Company Secretariat will be the most senior legal role within the firm and will report to the Chief Risk Officer. The successful candidate must therefore have existing Investment Management experience. He/She may currently be operating at senior level in the profession or performing a similar in-house legal role within the Investment Management industry.
The characteristics and attributes of this person are as important as their knowledge. We are looking for outstanding individuals with the gravitas, credibility and communication skills to act in a high profile, advisory capacity to senior stakeholders across all areas of the business.