Home » Global Sales Director
- June 26, 2023
International Beverage is the spirits arm of one of the world’s top 10 drinks producers, ThaiBev. Its UK head office sits alongside an extensive bottling and warehousing facility in Airdrie, plus it has five historic distilleries scattered across the north of Scotland – Pulteney, Speyburn, Balblair, Knockdhu and Balmenach.
The company is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of a multiaward-winning portfolio of premium brands in over 85 international markets, leading a network of offices across Hong Kong, India, Poland, Mexico and the USA. International Beverage’s spirits are amongst the finest available on the market today, and include single malt Scotch whiskies Old Pulteney, Balblair, anCnoc and Speyburn; the blended Scotch Hankey Bannister; and Caorunn, the pioneering super premium Scottish gin.
ThaiBev has identified the international spirits business as a key area for growth in the coming decade and is investing heavily to realise International Beverage’s full potential. In addition to investment in its operations and systems there is a significant investment being made in its people development and growth strategy and the business is currently going through a complete review of its organisation design a structure and the business plans to implement a number of changes in 2023 that will enable the organisation able to scale up rapidly and create an even stronger employer brand for the future.
As a result of this, four rewarding senior positions within the business have been identified including an exciting opportunity as Sales Director to lead a growing and experienced global commercial team.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Managing Director, Sales Director will define and deliver the strategic vision for the global Sales & Channel Marketing functions across The Americas, Europe, North Asia, Middle East Africa and India. The role is required to develop, implement, and coordinate the route to market strategy for Spirits.
This leadership role will be responsible for leading the development of and driving country plans that will deliver accelerated profit, volume and share growth across all markets. The Sales Director must be an individual contributor as well as lead and participate in multi-functional team efforts in driving the business forward.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, contribute to the development of International Beverages group strategic objectives.
- Develop and execute long-term route to market strategies in order to deliver ambitious growth aspirations.
- Lead the global sales team in developing country plans for key markets in conjunction with the Channel & Brand marketing teams.
- Lead the development of a global E-Commerce strategy for both owned and 3rd party distribution.
- Work closely with the Operations Director to drive a robust Sales & Operational process, balancing supply with demand in new and existing markets whilst ensuring accurate monthly/yearly forecasting.
- Use relevant market and customer research to assess market potential and identify new business opportunities including potential merger & acquisition opportunities.
- Lead the team to manage existing business for the company in assigned markets including:-
- Developing and executing sales and marketing strategies; preparing and monitoring performance against budgets; reviewing and preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly reports; managing individual promotional budgets.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to plan and implement the global brand strategy which encompasses product portfolio, pricing, channel, sales, marketing activities, PR, events and education. Ensuring that brand guidelines and standards are met and adhered to.
- Take ownership for the financial performance of Sales, tracking variances and trends and champion a culture of transparent reporting & decision making.
- Maintain a knowledge of market and brand trends and contribute to new product development strategy.
- Represent the business both within the industry and externally, attending key committee meetings and building commercial relationships.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other functions to drive a customer focussed culture.
- Using appropriate resource available, educate internal and external resources to build brand awareness through tutored tastings, master classes and other consumer facing shows.
- Participate in multi-functional projects to drive improvements in business processes and results.
- Lead, motivate and develop the team to drive a culture of high performance and develop talent and succession pipelines.
- Manage and own your professional development in order to achieve your work objectives and your career and personal goals.
- Proven experience in a global sales management role leading multidisciplinary teams and having accountability for P&L performance.
- Experience of negotiating trade agreements and distributor contracts.
- An experienced people manager, who can lead and grow a team of individuals through a period of ongoing change and provide the drive, motivation and leadership for commercial growth.
- A resilient, can-do mindset will be required.
- Outstanding communicator – written and verbal – able to work with individuals across levels, functions, brands, countries and cultures.
- A visionary that can conceptualise long term strategy and translate that into an actionable business plan, gaining the necessary buy in to deliver on the vision.
- Capable of providing direction, a strong influencer and can communicate the advantages and disadvantages of available options.
How to apply / contact us:
To apply, please send your CV to Michael Dickson, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.