Home » Group Continuous Improvement Manager
- March 30, 2015
Aggreko is a FTSE 100 support services business headquartered in Glasgow. The Company provides power and temperature control solutions to customers who need them either quickly, or for a limited period of time. The products and services the business provides are mission-critical. Power and temperature control are utility services without which their customers cannot operate. The Company serves its customers globally, and conducts its business from approximately 202 service centres and offices, located in 49 countries.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will join a dynamic team at the centre of the organisation and lead continuous improvement across the whole group globally. The is a fantastic opportunity for a globally mobile and ambitious individual who wants to build a career within one of Scotland’s largest and most successful companies.
To shape, drive and implement continuous improvement across the Aggreko Group working with the Regions, Functions and Business Unit Heads of Operational Excellence.
The primary purpose will be setting the OE agenda and direction; training and capability building; defining operational standards and driving the development and implementation of best practice and the Vital Few Projects.
- Assist in the development of our Black Belt & Orange Belt selection and training programmes and ensuring that Aggreko has consistency of training across the group. This will require working with our training providers, such as Ohio State University and supporting trainees through the development programmes.
- Administrative control over training including selection processes, accreditations, costs & budgets, materials and project completions and gate reviews.
- Develop and manage standards for setting and monitoring regional capability and implementation of the Vital Few Projects; embedding change and success such as Service Centre Standards, SDM & PCAT and driving best practice through i-Gen and i-Adopt.
- Create compelling communication on OE by developing Aggreko’s OE community and knowledge sharing; building the OE brand and maintaining a high level of visibility and energy in the continuous improvement programme.
- Defining and scheduling of reporting and governance to ensure continuous improvement is moving in the right direction and that progress and constraints can be provided back to business unit management. This will include compiling status reports and managing progress reviews.
- Working with the Functional, Regional and Business Unit Heads of CI to develop and plan the execution of the Vital Few Projects.
- Provide a suitable governance framework around OE delivery to ensure benefits realisation and tracking
A degree in Business, Engineering or related subject with qualifications in Six Sigma, Lean or similar continuous improvement methodology
- Professional change manager with extensive background in continual improvement / operational excellence tools and business change programmes
- Senior leader with direct experience in a number of different functions or departments across the group
- Passionate about change, able to identify and prioritise projects that will deliver immediate benefit
- Willingness to travel extensively with high levels of energy and drive to achieve challenging goals in tight time scales and able to work across many cultures
- Strong ability to lead through influencing and negotiating non-direct reports, up and down the organisation from BU managers to staff. Able to be a “trusted advisor” to BUs and functions
- Communicates, delegates and motivates effectively, providing support and engaging people on an emotional level and able to create virtual teams using regional managers
- Sets clear standards for performance and challenges people and themselves to achieve results with pace and discipline, managing poor performance and taking tough decisions where required
- Works independently to agreed goals, collaborating effectively with team members, and overseeing work of others where appropriate
- Excellent written and oral communication, especially presentation skills and status report writing